Omg!!!! Last son walking now tues now wk later bed ridden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg!!!! Last son walking now tues now wk later bed ridden

Everything fine as usual small attack reviving 5 days ivst all of a sudden within two days bed ridden receiving number 3 ivst right now 3 d left not sure what is happening I will come back I'm having minimal, minimal, minimal responses my tight hand I'm able to move my right hand I'm able to movemy right tow that is a good change in the right direction but very crazy I'm feeling lonely I know this will pass but it sure is scary

It is scary. You are having a major flare. From the sounds of it your first. All flares are not created equal, as you well know now.

Having the steroids so quickly will probably help. But it does normally take some time to bounce back from a major flare.

So, Darling hang on...it will be OK. The first one is always super scary. Here's to hoping that flare calms down soon.
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Yikes! That must be so scary. What do the doctors have to say about what to expect?

Comment

I am so sorry you are having such a bad flare and yes it is scary. My last flare I also had 5 days of steroids, it took about a month to get me walking again but I did start walking again.

I hope you start feeling better soon.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

It sounds so cliché but try to hang in there, the high dose they're blasting into you is designed to stay with you for a while. Once they start reducing inflammation you'll feel a difference but it does take a wee while longer with a major flare like you're having.

On another note, your title of this post started with "Last son walking....". If it literally means what you said, you have my utmost sympathy. If there's someone who can help you once the IV comes out and the false energy you have dissipates, I'd highly recommend it.

Please keep us posted, I hope you start to feel a bit better soon.

Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

U guys r so encourage ing 25 yrs with ms nothing this bad ever

Small improvements rht hip moving rt hand moving lft side fine no changes but my last day ivst today and I'm ready for all better 😍 so immature I'm not seeing progressive but scared so scared this won't get better at least 2 wks I should not panic rt? It just happened so fast not to be alone helps so so much:heart

Comment

As of Friday oct 4th last ivs dose 15000 mg

Today is sat not worse slight improve but foot drop bad so is this it? I'm afraid worse ms attact ever?? So quick when do I freak out??

Comment

Just rest and time

It's fine I'm gonna be ok 😂😂😀😀😀

Comment

Back to the future....

I am in the middle of having a major flare, I just want to get back to where I was before it, is that too much to ask?
                  I went from walking to cane to walker, all because of this stupid flare up. Does it ever reverse? I am on low dose of oral steroids. It all started 6-8 week ago. Hopefully they will help. I had an UTI infection that started this. The hospital didn't check for one and put me on steroids which made it worse. Now neuro treated UTI and trying low steroids. I'm scared of getting worse, I just wanna go back to where I was. Sorry needed to vent.
                  RIP Jenna's Beloved Momma
                  Best MS Support System Ever
                  7/42 - 12/12

Comment

I hear ur pain

I'm sorry, it should pass I hope too uti for me too on good ab good preventative we'll get pass this never give up!! God is big and in my corner

Comment

Lonilee and JennacydeL, it can take a while for our bodies to recover. When I had optic neuritis and went blind in my right eye, it took 8 months to regain vision. From when I could barely walk to the bathroom to when I was back to work with no cane, doing my own shopping and cleaning on the weekends, and to going hiking again? I'd say that entire course was a full two years.

When I was in early recovery from that first major flare, which by the way has been my ONLY major flare (8 years ago now), I could barely walk. The steroids helped. I ordered an exercise bicycle to try to work on regaining strength. When I first started getting on it, I couldn't even turn it ON, and I could only spin the pedals for literally a minute or two. It took about a year to be able to ride it 20 minutes at a medium resistance a few times per week.

I think it just takes a while for damaged nerves to find new pathways to recover themselves. But it happens. My right eye that I was blind in, even corrected its vision a little, my eyeglass prescription changed very slightly afterwards. !

The body is amazing, try to trust it, give it time. You do have time, healing is the most important thing you have to do
                      Jam
                      DX'd MS 8/17/05
                      God never closes a door without at least cracking open a window.

Comment

Working...
                      X