Other paraesthesia sensations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other paraesthesia sensations

Can we add other known paraesthesia sensations to this?
    May help a few of us think we're not crazy.

(Burning, prickling, pins and needles, itching, even bugs crawling on you).
    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

I second that!!
    It all started with a mouse.. " Walt Disney"

Comment

I hate the bugs. *shudder*

I agree, numbness is just one facet of paresthesia, and since there is only one area on the board covering this range of symptoms, the title really should be more inclusive of that range.

Heck, jurt caling it Paresthesias with the sentence underneath being "Numbness, prickling, itching, and more are common in MS" or something to that effect would make a lot more sense.

Comment

We are listening and will make the change shortly. Thanks for the feedback!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I was woken up by stabbing in my foot then my leg goes numb...it's very irritating.. All I want to do is get a peaceful nights sleep!

Comment

I swear I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but isn't it spelled paresthesia, not parasthesia?

Comment

Originally posted by Alicious View Post
              I swear I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but isn't it spelled paresthesia, not parasthesia?
              The correct spelling is really paraesthesia. (oh, and I noticed "pricking" instead of "prickling").

I was also wondering if the term "burning" could be added to the list of sensations ...

Thanks!
              Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

LOL Thanks all! Another thing I losing is the ability to spell!

The NMSS society spells it paresthesia, so I'm going with that.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
                  The correct spelling is really paraesthesia.
                  I believe it's paresthesia in the US, and paraesthesia in the UK and possibly elsewhere; both are right depending on where you are typing from.

Thanks for putting up with us nitpickers, Seasha! I really appreciate all of the hard work that has been put into this forum.

Comment

I feel like there's a dying fish sewn under my flesh around the 5th/6th rib. I asked my landlady to feel it and she says she thought it was a muscle spasming. I also have chest pains and feel like there's bags of blood or I can feel my blood moving through arms/legs.

Comment

I get chest zaps... I hate it... Went to the ER twice this week because of it... Super scary

Comment

Ugh, yes! I have pins and needles in both hands always. The severity depends on my fatigue level but it's always there.

I also get the itching sometimes which is the worst when I'm trying to sleep.

Comment

How about the wet feet? I get the feeling sometimes that there is water dripping down my ankle or onto my feet. A couple times I thought I had had an accident! Not sure if that is a paresthesia or not but it feels pretty wacky

Comment

Well, this is embarrassing but I feel like there is toilet paper stuck in the crack of my rear.

Comment

LOL

Loopey, that crack about paper in your crack truly made me laugh out loud. I hate all the strange sensations (like bugs crawling up my legs at times), but yours is funny.
                              RRMS since July 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X