Lemtrada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemtrada

Originally known as Alemtuzumab Campath now Lemtrada.
    How does it work?
    Alemtuzumab binds to an antigen called CD52 which is found on the surface of certain T-cells, a type of lymphocyte involved in the MS immune response, and kills the T-cell.

This monoclonal antibody was licensed to treat a type of leukaemia (under the brandname MabCampath).

How is it given?
    Alemtuzumab is given by intravenous infusion. In clinical trials, alemtuzumab was given as an iv infusion for 5 days and again for 3 days one year later.

Anyone who did the trials please post your experiences here along with any other useful information.

Thanks fellow MSers.
    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

additional information here: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...light=lemtrada

Maybe I should update it ... just too tired tonight.

Comment

Campath

Not sure where to post answers to, like what thread? I wish MSworld.org would make a section for Campath soon.

I am less tired and more happy. I went through my 3rd infusion of Campath. Each time for me is no walk in the park, but afterwards I'm very glad a did it each time. This whole time no active lesions for 5 years, only one MS relapse.

I guess me in particular will need updates every so many years. Campath has kept me working and walking. I think my MS doc and me caught it just in time. 100+ lesions with 16+ black holes. Then I got on the Campath. I am in the USA, state of IL next to St. Louis, Mo. I think the trial is closed for new people untill FDA.

MS has got me hard, but the Campath (Lemtrada) continues to help me a great deal. Thank you Genzyme!

Comment

wow, thank you spacedive, its nice to hear that you are doing well on it. My neuro is wanting to put me on it once its fda approved. I have yet to find a drug able to slow down activity so am hopeful that this may be the one. Have you had any issues with side effects at all?
        p.s.- since you are in southern IL, are ya rooting for the cards this postseason?

Comment

campath

Yes, go Cards!

Campaths side effect = happiness.

Comment

Working...
          X