Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Stories: My Little Dog

there otta be a pet section???

MLD is now 8.7lbs of fluff, eternal entertainment and the happiest littledog living with me.

At 3:15 A.M. Monday morning she woke me up; barking out in the tiny backyard. It took me awhile to move and get up and outside..with flashlight in hand.

The beam went directly to the noise; In the far corner of the yard (about 24 feet away) against the white crossed patterns of the fence, there is some sort of Critter...Frightened to death and MLD barking at it; about 1 foot of distance between their faces.

My tiny little dog has it 'cornered'
    The poor things face looked like a frozen monkey with its eyes wide open and its hair standing up.

As MLD heard me approach, she lurched at the critter (to 'protect' me and it jumped a bit and scared the crap outta me!

Oh, what to do. MLD is 'protecting' me. I called MLD to come to me. She slowly walked about 7 feet away and did her business.. AS the Critter Escaped!

I first thot, a possum..no--when it squeezed thru the gate, I could clearly see its profile..not a possum..not a cat. and certainly not a skunk (she has been 'skunked' about 6 times in the past 18 mos.). I try to remember to close the doggie door at night.

Well it was a WEASEL. I've never seen one before and we aren't 'suppose' to have them, here. With all the recent fires, now, we have Weasels.

Sadly, I am certain, MLD only wants to play with these wild critters but, they don't know it.

MLD has brought a big fat live mouse in the house and a baby skunk, so far. That was during daylight hours, too!

Wondering what is next...provided I remember to close the doggie door at night.

MLD is one of the happiest dogs on the planet. I am not sure where she gets that from, but it sure keeps me uplifted! Just a tiny little dog with white and a big brown spot, like a Jack Russell and is half Shih Tzu.

Yesterday, I took her bowl of water and washed it, the phone rang and the caller was annoyed by the water noise, so I put it aside. And FORGOT to fill it.

Later in the evening, she was 'begging' toward the kitchen island (where her bowl was), she kept it up. I kept asking what she wanted and not 'seeing' her bowl. Finally, she started barking and I looked even harder...nope, nothing she'd want. I moved the milkbones from there a month ago.

She kept it up and said, "The last time you did this, you forgot until the next afternoon. You aren't getting away with it, this time." As she barked and barked.

I finally "Got It." My Little Dog, she reminds me when I forget to turn the water off in the garden or when I leave stuff "on" in the kitchen, too! Considering I acquired her when I was a bit better off, she has trained herself to be, what I need. I just hope, I can be what MLD needs!

So, this is my dog story, what is yours? fed

Love, love, LOVE pet stories too, a pet section is a great idea! I have 3 cats and a dog... a rescue. He is my Avatar.

For my birthday this year my kids got me a DNA My Dog kit. He looks like a Jack Russell but alas, he is a Level 2 Beagle (meaning 1 parent was a Beagle) and a Level 4 Schnauzer and Level 4 Italian Greyhound, which blew me away as he is a medium sized dog on really short legs.

For the past 10 days I've been babysitting my daughter's wiener dog puppy while she is on an Alaskan cruise. Her name is Pixel, she is soooo cute!

How bout it Mods, a pet section for us animal lovers to brag and share "naughty dog" events!

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Pet Forum/Room

What a wonderful suggestion!

Your stories lifted me up and had me laughing as this day was a dismal one with sad news and that I am in a lot of pain.

Our kids, whether they have fur, scales, shells, hooves, moos and others, are our refuge in a world that is dim at times.

They all give us, in one way or another, unconditional love and support when our other human counterparts do not or can not.

And they don't even know it! They think we are there for them .... funny how love works

I sure hope a "pet/companion" forum can be started.

Thanks for the stories and suggestion.

Hope to see more!

God Bless
      STR

Comment

Originally posted by Strhuntrss View Post
        What a wonderful suggestion!

Your stories lifted me up and had me laughing as this day was a dismal one with sad news and that I am in a lot of pain.
        God Bless
        @ Strhuntrss; Sure hope your day improves!

Does seem strange to have a board of many disabled and handicapped people without a 'pet' forum???

Hopefully, MLD won't get skunked again, anytime soon. So far the past few months, I have gone outside to her barking, and looked over the a/c compressor to have a skunks tail up my nose...that is close enough! didn't get skunked, but my blood pressure was surely high!

I have been pretty close to 4 other skunks. I started looking in the yard, before letting her out. Yard was clear and let her out, she returns 15 minutes later...skunked!

So, I started staying outside with her and when she lights up in an area of the yard, I know 'somethings up' and sure enough..those have been my 'close encounters.' Seems they were just over the fence and when I shine the flashlight--well, too close for me!

Finally found a really good way to de-skunk her. Soda and vinegar, immediately after sprayed!

Yeh, that is the purpose to share these stories. Having some pain and problems myself, I KNOW--shared doggie stories cheer me up!

@Cat Mom; your avatar dog looks exactly like MLD...same color and is now 8.7lbs at 4.5 years and has light brown ears and a big spot on her side. Mine has to be groomed, has the shih-tzu hair.

After taking her to the vet this past Wednesday, I took her to lunch with me. She rides great on my rollator seat and no=one seems to be annoyed, like they were when she was on a leash, or in my arms! Sure made moving to a rollator more delightful.

Plus, someone finally told me why people always make over her--it is her 'energy'. I didn't think she was cuter than the next dog. But, her little tail and sitting on that rollator seat, without jumping off..
        what a sweetie! fed

Comment

Working...
        X