Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When should I see the doc about possible symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should I see the doc about possible symptoms?

For the past week and a half, I've been incredibly fatigued. I can barely keep it together at work, and I find that my boss tends to look at me as though I'm not working hard enough. I've also been having a lot of mental fogginess. (I tend to stop in the middle of my sentences and lose my train of thought pretty easily.) In addition, I've had to pee at least ten plus times per day, and have had irregular bowel movements for the past week. It it time to see the doctor, or should I just ride this out?
    ON Onset 08/28/2011
    DXed 01/11/2012

"You cheated on me when I specifically asked you not to?!" -- Michael Scott, The Office

I am not a health care professional but I can share with my own story.

I experienced extreme fatigue along with muscle cramps so bad in my thighs I was unable to drive (couldn't push on gas pedal). I then went on to gaining 50 pounds in two months and my head was in such a fog I began to think I was going crazy. My memory was of a 90 year old. I waited it out and finally went to see my Dr. I got a call two days later to be told inhad hypothyroidism and my levels were so high he told me I was lucky to not be in a come. I now take and have for 10+ years 350mcg of synthroid a day. Needless to say it most definitely helped all those problems I was experiencing.
    As for the peeing and constipation I also have had these but from numerous different reason a uti, kidney infection along with other reasons for both including changes in diet.
    I was dx only 4 months ago with Ms but I have read a learned a lot and one thing I learned is that Ms does and can cause fatigue but typically it happens to only 20% of those just learning of having the disease.
    I hope I helped a little are bodies are amazing and if there not acting in our norm then its our body telling us hey you might have something going on. The question is always what......
    Good luck
    Tira

Comment

Anakela;

Definitely you need to go see your doc. Especially if the symptoms are all new. There are medications and 'tricks' you can be taught to overcome some of the symptoms with your bowels and bladder.

Not to mention, it is possible this could be a flare?

Hopefully, this can be managed and make you more comfortable and able to do your work. I even wonder if a flare is causing your fatigue and cog fog?

I do know how you feel, when my brain is out to lunch...it drives me nuts! fed

Comment

Originally posted by Anakela View Post
        For the past week and a half, I've been incredibly fatigued. I can barely keep it together at work, and I find that my boss tends to look at me as though I'm not working hard enough. I've also been having a lot of mental fogginess. (I tend to stop in the middle of my sentences and lose my train of thought pretty easily.) In addition, I've had to pee at least ten plus times per day, and have had irregular bowel movements for the past week. It it time to see the doctor, or should I just ride this out?
        I would call your neuro if you have not already. I have had frequent urination since I was 16. I asked to be tested for diabetes twice, and that was neg. I was dx RRMS at age 22 after ON.

Take care , Tasha

Comment

Working...
        X