face breaking out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

face breaking out?

I started Aubagio 2 months ago. The only symptom I notice is that my face and shoulders are breaking out quite often. The breaking out seems to last for an extended period of time, also.

I am 52, so I know it is (probably) not puberty. This is also a situation I did not have at all before I started this med.

Anyone else notice this?

karen
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

I'm not taking Aubagio but my dermatologist told me a long time ago that skin is a window to a person's general health. And skin is a way to throw off toxins and waste products. Some come out through your liver and kidneys and some come out in breathing.

Saunas got popular over a thousand years because sweating has been seen as a way to get rid of waste products. My dermatologist said that acne is another way the body gets rid of toxins. So it's very possible that your body is using acne to throw off the by products of Aubagio.

That brings up another drug that the body throws off with acne and that's steroids. I always get at least some acne after I do a 3 day treatment. At least with steroids I know that I've done my days and the acne will go away in a week or so. I guess that a lot of people don't know that about post-steroid acne because they keep thinking it's like teenage acne that comes from bacteria and they don't understand why the OTC acne medicines don't just kill the bacteria and clear up the acne. They can't because the acne is from toxins and the medicines don't clear up inflammation from toxins.

That sounds like what could be going on with breakouts from Aubagio. Since they're from toxins and byproducts the skin can keep breaking out as long as Aubagio is there and the teenage acne medicines might not help. I'm sure that's what my dermatologist would say. Because he did at least once.

Maybe it will be just another short term side effect and will go away as your body gets more used to the medicine? That is so discouraging to think that you would have to deal with it as an ongoing thing. I hope it clears up and doesn't give you any more trouble.

Comment

Blisters

Blisters started appearing on my legs. My doctor said stopped Aubagio and I am currently doing the wash out. I know it was from the Aubagio. Be careful.

Comment

Aubagio

I was on day 2 in my 3rd pack of Aubagio and my face, shoulders, chest, and back started breaking out. Frustrating. I am now on day 18 and still getting acne. I wash with cleanser and a circular electric brush. I drink only water all day. Hope this clear out soon. I am 46yr old female. Let me know if you find out something else that would help.

Comment

acne

I took aubagio for 3 months, just stopped last week. the first month I had a horrible bumpy rash on my face. I called aubagio and they said that was not a symptom!! by the looks of these posts, I would say they are wrong. it did go away about 2 wks later. When I first started the drug I had terrible nausea and upset stomach. I cannot drink coffee anymore - would feel sick every time. I stopped taking the drug because curascript screwed up and didn't send me my refill. I am still waiting for it 1 1/2 wks later. I am going through terrible withdrawals feeling sick. I will not continue with it. I am going to go back to copaxone.

Comment

I have been on AubagiO since July (4 months)....

Relapse of ON in late May brought dx of MS and left me using a cane. did fairly well until Oct.... And have been fighting a tough recovery, strong side effects to the relapse med of Acthar gel injections, and now Battling a tough UTI/ Ecoli infection... On 2nd round of antibiotics....

What I can directly relate to Aubagio is:

Facial acne, some increased hair loss ( clean out pretty large bunch each AM from hair brush), some increase issues with bladder/bowel issues and increased frequency, and not feeling Aubagio has done much to slow down issues.

I have had 2 MRI's in the past 30 days and 3rd is scheduled I. 60 days all due to the fact I acquired the Acthar Gel medicine by signing up for a study being conducted by my MS neuro Center..... All at no cost(s)....

I am picking up the 2 first mri reports and disc next week, so will know then how it compares to the test(s) done 4 months ago.

At this point I expect to consider a new med soon. If things don't improve, but given the fact I tested positive for JCV virus .... My first choice was tabled .... Not sure I like many of the others.... I might just take a wait and see approach.

Also there are some issues with LFT (liver function test) but nothing WAY too out of whack, several items are high or low but not like 4 times or anything worse....

Overall, I would say at this point side effects from Aubagio have been tolerable and other side effects I have experienced with other meds have been worse, so a little unsure if a change in DMD would be a good or bad choice.

Comment

Acne and Burning Feet

I also have had acne for an extended period of time with Aubagio - I'm 61 and have never had complexion issues before. Because my feet were burning (like crazy) I finally stopped Aubagio earlier this week and am using the Cholostyramine to flush it out of my system. I'm hoping that both side effects go away soon!!!

Wondering how long it took others with burning feet for the symptoms to go away after stopping the medication...

Comment

Working...
              X