Encouraging words about Avonex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encouraging words about Avonex

Hi, I recently started avonex about 3 months ago and with much anxiety. If your reading this post then you may be just starting or are considering starting. Whatever, the reason I wanted to say good luck and hopefully your experience will be some of the same as I have had.

I began the titration in horrible fear of one the needle and two of all the horrible things I had read. For me though I had a harder time being poked by my husband then from anything from the drug itself. I have twice had flu like symptoms but only lasting for a couple hours each time. My legs are rarely bruised and I almost never have even felt the injection. I hope that I am able to help someone who may have felt the same fear and anxiety as I have and have a happy outcome.
    Tira

Good for you, From! Those are very encouraging words!

Stay strong and positive
    RRMS 10/07 Avonex 2/08 Tecfidera 7/13

Comment

Originally posted by from2344 View Post
      If your reading this post then you may be just starting or are considering starting.
      Actually, I’ve been at this for more than nine years, closing in on my 500th shot later this fall. But I still appreciate reading about others’ positive experiences.

The medicine seems to work for me as well as many others, as I hope it does for you. I still fear the needle, and it’s now been maybe two years since I’ve self-injected, but after the needle goes in I’ve almost always wondered why I was so anxious. And the side effects are manageable, especially so now compared to the first couple months of treatment.

Thank you for your encouraging words!

Comment

It has now been three weeks since my last injection of Avonex and the fog is lifting. Sure I still have bouts of anxiety but that's par for the course for me. The darkness is also starting to lift. So I really think it was the Avonex making me feel like I was losing myself and my mind. I just could not live like that. Sometimes it more about the quality of life. So for now I am stay off Avonex.
        But (there's always a but) I am nervous about not being on anything. I have an appointment in October with my doctor and will talk to her about going on something else. This message board has been very helpful with different meds and how each of you handle them.

Comment

I like Avonex so far. I was on Copaxone, and due to the horrific side effects, was switch to Avonex. Because they are titrating the first doses, I haven't had any flu like symptoms. I hope all works out, whatever med you decide to go with

Comment

I was on avonex for six months shot day was like a holiday. Pop the advils possibly a xanex get the blankets and pizza ordered. All just in case. Most of the time it was over kill. And let's not forget ONCE A WEEK.
            Seems like a dream as I am sitting here doubled over with GI pain.. violent diarrhea from tec. Seriously thinking about going back.

Comment

I was on avonex for six months shot day was like a holiday. Pop the advils possibly a xanex get the blankets and pizza ordered. All just in case. Most of the time it was over kill. And let's not forget ONCE A WEEK.
              Seems like a dream as I am sitting here doubled over with GI pain.. violent diarrhea from tec. Seriously thinking about going back.

Comment

Working...
              X