Acute Fatigue causes loss of Muscle Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acute Fatigue causes loss of Muscle Control

There are times I can't get all the sleep I need. If this happens long enough, I lose control over my legs. I've almost sat on the floor while using a walker because my legs 'gave out'. At other times, I can walk fairly normally...as long as I have a wall near. Also, during these acute fatigue times, my cognition flies the coop, I start sounding like a drunken sailor, and I have trouble with 'oopsies'...dropping most stuff I reach for or hold.

If I take a few days and get in tons of sleep and rest, most, if not all of these symptoms resolve.

Twice my neuro has insisted that I have an MRI to see if I'm having an exacerbation. Nope. He doesn't seem to recognize that what I am telling him could affect my particular brand of MS this way.

Does anyone else have this particular problem?

Acute Fatigue

Dear Blissful, I am secondary progressive, started with relapsing remitting. I am always trying to organize my physical tasks for the day, according to my fatigue and spasticity. I hear what you're saying. I try to rest between tasks. Not a cure, but may way of dealing.
    Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Comment

I am PPMS and yes, if I am extremely fatigued, things just don't work including my "good" side (I have hemiparesis).

Comment

Is it fatigue that causes loss of control or loss of control that causes fatigue? Lol

If I go too long between tasks without a break, my legs just give out and I don't have control of them. I know I don't have to mention making it to the potty in time.

Then the days that I wake up and nearly fall on the floor just trying to get out of bed ... having that overwhelming fatigue is just a given for the day (or longer).
        Karen

Comment

Acute fatigue

I have had Ms and MG since the 80's. Fatigue is the worst of all of it for me I also am severely anemic. I also have much more problems with cognitive when not enough rest or under stress causing me not to sleep good. I was taking Provigal which helped a lot but insurance won't let me have it now gave me Nuvigal instead side affects are much worse. But it does help. I go to the grocery store now and have to rest it wears me out so much. Used to exercise at least two hours a day the last year down to one

Comment

I HAVE MS AND OSTEOPOROSIS...ANYONE else?

In reply; I also use a walker and at times my legs feel like they're giving out and I also walk along the walls.
            I'm 65. I cannot figure out HOW to start a NEW POST so
            I feel my TITLE is related to having MS and a related disorder.
            My Doctor has me started on FORTEO but now I'd love to hear from others with MS who have tried it. I no longer take MS injections because of SPMS for 20 yrs now. But I did previously and when I started FORTEO I rotated injections as I was accustomed to with ABC drugs. I just found out I was supposed to inject ONLY below my navel and in my thighs.
            When I asked ELI LILLY Drug Co WHY? No one will tell me!? I'm sure there is a very simple explanation. I took shot in my arms for a few weeks now and I asked why not and no one will reply? Isn't that strange? All the nurses there say they don't know why but one must NEVER do that. Have others out there tried FORTEO and how did you feel while on it and did you actually rebuild bone? Is this recommended by others with MS? Thanks for ANY replies. Pam

Comment

Working...
            X