Pain in feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain in feet

I don't have an absolute diagnosis of ms, but my primary physician and two neuros highly suspect it. My symptoms have varied and currently the most significant symptom is extreme pain in the bottoms of both feet. Standing on my feet for more than a minute or two has been very uncomfortable for over a year and now my feet hurt (even when I am sitting or lying down). When I walk on them it is extremely painful. Has anyone experienced this?

Hi Popie,

A lot of MSers have pain in their feet. Of course there are other diseases that can also cause pain in the feet. There are meds for sensory issues with your feet, call your neuro or doctor.

Here's a long thread where different foot problems were discussed:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...highlight=feet

Comment

popcorn

I think the foot pain feels like popcorn in my shoes. Some days it is popped, some days it is awful and like the kernals are in my shoes.

I hate wearing shoes for this reason. I have found that I can work if I wear my Chaco sandals, or Croc clogs. Still hurts, but not as bad as a closed shoe.

good luck
      karen
      You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

I have pain and my feet feel like they are on fire.
        Thank goodness i can't say it hurts to walk with it.

but there are so many other conditions that have foot pain or even lossof ffeeling....
        So it's not specific to MS.

Annie
        Disabled RN, Cardiac Intensive Care
        Dx'd 11/03/2005, Sx's for 15+ years prior
        STOPPED DM's 10/15/2010, last one, Tysabri

Don't ask for a better life, ask to be a stronger person!

Comment

House Shoes at Parks Belk

I too had horrible feet problems, but a few weeks ago, I was taken to Belk with a friend. I bought three pair of memory foam like house shoes--I wear the white ones around the house yet save the blue and black ones for outside--they look more normally like shoes.

This did take away my feet pain--I was going to barefooted.

Love to all
          Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

I have localized pain in my right foot, on the underside near the toes. It's an intense burning pain that comes and goes. It does not appear to be tied to any particular behaviour or activity. Agree with getting an assessment.

Comment

Hello popie,

I'm having bad burning pain on the bottoms of my feet when I walk. Is your pain burning pain? Have you taken any type of meds?

How are you doing?
              God Bless Us All

Comment

When my B12 levels were low I had bad pain and pins/needles in both feet. Through supplementing B12, both feet (and hands) are so much better. Usually a B12 deficiency will have other symptoms, but those symptoms many times mimic MS, so be sure to rule that out.

Hang in there! MS pain is quite challenging to have....been there with my legs, but I don't think as bad as you are experiencing. Best to you!

Comment

popie- How are you doing?
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

I've been doing pretty good, all things considered. Going thru a confused state right now because I don't feel that bad and I realize that the awkwardness, weakness and pain I feel in my feet and legs now just seems normal for me. I notice it all the time, but now it don't consider that unusual. I know my limitations energy wise and that has kept me from getting completely wiped out. It just seems so hard to believe that in todays day and time it takes forever to get a diagnosis for anything, especially ms (as common as it is). Oh well, thankful for feeling as good as I do.

Comment

Glad you are feeling pretty good but I hope you find some relief from you pain.
                      God Bless Us All

Comment

I explain my pain in my feet as it feels like I am walking on legos!!! Although right now I am lying in bed and my left foot feels like someone is stabbing it with a knife! This is terrible!!!

Comment

Never Gonna Dance Again

I thought that I was losing my marbles until I found this thread. THANK YOU! Now I don't feel like I'm completely crazy.

I have pain in my feet and had just described the pain to my mom about how it feels like I'm walking on Legos. I love the look that I get from others when they see me walking around. Yes. That's sarcastic. Nothing makes you feel like a winner than the looks of those around you screaming "What the hell is wrong with you ya freak!"

So many cute shoes just waiting in my closet... *sighs*

Comment

Working...
                          X