Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjs View Post
    Hmmm.....
    I'm sorry to hear that! Most of my cognitive issues are still there, just the confusion seems to be somewhat better. It seems at times other things are better too but then I go downhill again.

Have you had any positive results from being gf?
    i think it may help generally with ms symptoms. i don't have relapses too often.

Comment

It's a wonder the world still functions with so many of 'me' out there!
      I know i'm late to this thread but just felt the need to be included after i read the posts here.

My kids are adults now (apparently) and surprisingly we (DH & I) managed to allow them to achieve this milestone without them knowing that mum had ms.

Despite their lack of knowledge on the subject they still managed to get some amusement from my peculiar brain functions.

I thought I'd share a couple.

I had 3 kids in high school and my youngest was in primary school (just down the block) .
      The older kids always got dropped off 1st then their younger brother. He at some point figured out that if he ducked down and kept quiet in the back of the car I would completely forget about him.
      The number of times I drove straight past his school and headed to the shops or my next 'to do' confounds me. He thought this a great joke and would make sure i was past the school before popping up and grinning and saying 'you forgot me again'.

I was driving his brother to our local football fields another time and we started talking about somewhere else. I detoured to the somewhere else with him grinning and waiting patiently to see how long it took me to realise.

I don't cope with change well.
      I always leave my keys in my car (small town no baddies) or put them straight in my bag in the same condition that they are removed from the ignition (not folded up into the beeper like most modern car keys do)
      One of my kids noticed my confused look one day as i went to start the car -I couldn't find the key.
      He had used my car last and had folded it in and was much amused by my blank look. He still does this if given the opportunity.

They have known about my ms for about a year now and you would think this would make them more respectful... no! now i hear comments about how much i'll enjoy watching the same movies over without gettin bored !

Oh well . I never could tell a joke so at least I'm makin em smile somehow

Comment

Working...
      X