No announcement yet.

Vitamin D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you mean that Vitamin D -supplementation- is not a one-size-fits-all, and I agree. You should get tested to check your levels before popping 10,000 per day.

BUT: you do need your levels high. I'm just around 100, which is close to Tara's 110. If you want to read about it from a major US Multiple Sclerosis clinic in Washington (where there is a lot of MS), read the link below. Don't mind the "Swedish" bit, it's the name of the hospital.

http://www.swedish.org/services/neur...ent-info-sheet

Comment

That is indeed what I meant, BigA. My objection is to one size fits all dosing, not to the supplementation that most of us, if not all, need.

Comment

In reading through this thread---Alicious--- my exact beef!

Research has been saying for a good ? 5years, auto immune levels should be at least 110.
        I still get blood work from neuros that 1. aren't concerned about a level of 32... 2. haven't even tested their patient's vit D.

I have 11 RA patients at ~130-140 range...most no Rx and feeling good! About 7 MS patients.

Don't forget your children! Etiology is not conclusive and I think is varied with each person; however consensus is it may run in families.
        Test em no matter their age.
        Or do what I do with ALL patients; I tell them to give their kids at least 5-10,000/week (without even testing), especially here in the NorthWest.

Liquid form, divided doses, with meals
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Our pediatrician has my 8 year olds on 800/day supplementation, so 5600/week in addition to food, drink, and outdoor play because of my special immune system. I sunscreen them after awhile in the sun, or at the pool, but try to get them sun exposure a good deal of the time. I myself am actually the same color as the depigmented areas of my friend with vitiligo, so am pretty religious about sunscreening after ~10 minutes, especially in our high sun/high altitude area.

Comment

WOW that Pediatrician is a keeper!
            NutritionTara
            Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

vitamins

Good documentary about vitamins.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

Working...
              X