Vitamin D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitamin D

Anyone taking Vitamin D. I understand that it could be helpful. I think you can safely take 5,000-10,000 IU daily.

I take 5,000 iu a day. When I started having symptoms, my D levels were dangerously low.

Comment

Hi rsinger,

You should get your D level checked (simple blood test) before starting a D supplement.

D3 is the recommended vitamin D to take.

I had a vitamin D deficiency and was taking 5000iu for about 2 years, I now take 2000iu.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Chewables

Chewables D - are way better and work much faster . They also make a Chewable Fiber , and Chewable C - You need plenty of Pottasium also . Replace milk with soy

Comment

I take 50,000 unit three times a week... from what I was told by a doctor he said that probably 85% of the women that he has seen are Vit D deficient... men are a different story so just something to think about.. I haven't noticed a difference while taking my Vit D.
          Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
          Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

Vit D, B-12, etc

Hey guys,

The above vitamins, along w some others, are much more important than they seem.

I recently saw my Neuro re my cog deficiencies. Ive had cognitive deficiencies off and on since at least 2000. Since June of 2012 it has gotten increasingly worse and is getting to the scary point. I felt like whichever Oz character needs a brain. (See?). Thought he would want to start psychological testing even if just for baseline reasons. WRONG!

He said that the first thing we needed to do was check all my levels and get them at least to the middle of their ranges. He also said if things were out of range, my cog fog could dissipate quickly if we fixed that.

I've had labwork and am waiting on results.
            Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
            Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

I take D3, 5k once or twice a day. B12 2500mcg once a ay

Comment

vit D

My D levels are good. The range is 20-80 ng/ml. My levels are at 39. Neuro still believes Vit D is a good idea. I am planning on 5000 IU daily. I am not on any meds right now. Had elevated liver enzymes while on copaxone and a skin reaction to gilenya. I have RRMS with very minor sensory symptoms. Workout 4 days weekly and work at a busy dental practice the other 3. I will be considering Tecfidera in October.

Comment

Originally posted by rsinger View Post
                  My D levels are good. The range is 20-80 ng/ml. My levels are at 39.
                  rsinger,

Yes, you are within normal ranges. However, my neuro prefers his patients to be in the higher ranges. He wanted me to be between 50 and 60 ng/ml.
                  Diagnosed 1984
                  “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

To Snoopy VitD

Just curious, what do you do for your MS if you don't use the DMD therapies. Are you mobile and active? The DMD therapies are so toxic with not good efficacy value. What choices do we have?

Comment

I'm PPMS so there isn't anything available.

I try and stay as healthy as possible by eating right, staying as active as my mobility and fatigue allows, and also take 4-aminopyridine (4-AP) for symptom management. It helps a bit with fatigue and movement.

Comment

Originally posted by rsinger View Post
                        Just curious, what do you do for your MS if you don't use the DMD therapies.
                        On the recommendation of my neuro at the time of my diagnosis (before there were DMDs) I walked to try and regain my mobility, strength and stamina.

To this day I am a very strong believer in exercising to the best of your abilities and capabilities. To this day I still exercise (weight training and Elliptical).

Are you mobile and active?
                        Yes, I am both mobile and active

If out for long distances (more than a mile or several hours of being on my feet) I do use trekking poles for mobility aids. However, I do not use the trekking poles on a regular or daily basis.

The DMD therapies are so toxic with not good efficacy value. What choices do we have?
                        You have the choice to use a DMD or not, that's about it

Note:
                        My experience, journey and disease course may very well not be the experience of someone else who does or does not use a DMD.

Best wishes, rsinger
                        Diagnosed 1984

Comment

VITS

IM TAKING CHEW ABLE MULTI VITS WITH 200%DV VIT D CHEW ABLE WOMAN'S FORMULA BONE&MET SUPPORT 100%COLLAGEN, 1000 IU A DAY D3 CHEW ABLE AND CHEW ABLE FISH OIL OMEGA 3 EPA AND DHA 2 OF EVERYTHING BUT THE D3 ONE OF THOSE A DAY
                          NO OTHER MEDS EXCEPT METFORMIN FOR BLOOD SUGAR

Comment

Vit D Snoopy

Thanks for your replies. I agree that exercise is valuable. I also use the elliptical and do weight training. I still enjoy long walks without problems. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. That is the worry that we all share.

Comment

50000 IU D3 once a week

My neuro has just rx'd this, but i have not picked up the rx yet. My d level very low by blood test. Has anyone had trouble with this dose? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X