Pelvic floor spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pelvic floor spasms?

Hi. My question probably belongs in the limbo land category because I am undiagnosed, but my question also fits into the category here.

In 2009 I started running, and on several occasions, always when it was hot, I had some powerful muscle spasms that involved either rectal muscles, vaginal muscles, or both. It was hard to differentiate but reminded me if the urge to push during labor. It hurt very bad and prevented me from running or walking. I did not need to empty my bowel nor could I afterwards.

Recently, my neuro thought it would be a good idea to taper down my methylprednisolone as a diagnostic tool, since my worst symptoms were not consistent with MG (for which I am taking methylprednisolone). I had that same horrible spasm again a couple of times in the last week while I was walking. This morning, however, this painful spasm woke me from my sleep. I also have a very cold paresthesia on the right side of my pelvis, which visits at least a few times a day but do not know enough about any of these things to understand possible correlations.

Are these types of pains/spasms common? I wish I had a less private spasm to bring to my neuro's attention. Or better yet no spasms. Thanks in advance for feedback or shared experiences!

I think I might be ...

having the same thing.

I've had slight intermittent pain for a couple of months ... then yesterday a.m. experienced something that felt like unrelenting labour for about 15-20 minutes.

I was literally pacing, breathing through the pain, couldn't stand up straight (or lie down, or sit, etc.).

My husband was ready to cart me off to the ER thinking that something had ruptured. (There were some other things going on which I just can't bring myself to type here). However, pain moved from 10/10 down to 6, then eventually to 2 ... now I'm back to intermittent.

Afterwards, spent the rest of the day with bowel and bladder urgency as well.

It was weird and so painful. I'm also in limbo land, so this is likely of no help to you. I tried to google uterine spasms and had no luck.

Comment

I did not see your reply. I am so sorry you are going through this. It is painful. Mine has become more frequent and less acute, leaving me feel as though I am holding it in when I don't have to go at all. I talked to my neuro about this, among other things, and will have an MRI of my spine on Saturday. He did not think we would find anything yet but would have it as a baseline. I am not sure how I feel about his choice of words.

Comment

I haven't mentioned this to either my gp or my neurologist. (Well, I've mentioned the intermittent mild pelvic pain, but not the big pain thing that just happened.)

I suppose if it were to happen again I would have to say something. It's just hard -- I'm sure it would be over by the time I made it to the ER so it's just not worth the visit. Without some sort of documentation, I feel like at some point medical professionals are going to think I'm just making stuff up.

I am NOT this creative. The stuff that's been going on since January -- I've never heard of any of it. Trigeminal neuralgia? Palinopsia? Pyramidal tract dysfunction? Huh?

Anyway, I think I'm on the way out of this current 3 week long episode; so that is good. And I had NO other spasms this time other than this.

I'm glad yours is less acute now, anyway. It will perhaps just become part of the background "noise" we all have :-P.

Comment

No one makes up embarrassing symptoms they share in secret locations. I have the multiple vision, too. My neuro's nurse is like a god send to me, as she listens to symptoms and explains how they work. Hope your problems dissipate. I feel like I just ended a long exacerbation of something, though its symptoms seems to have a weirdo half life.

Comment

Working...
          X