Ghana in the room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghana in the room

Anyone living in Ghana for an extended amount of time??

Right now, I am here for the month. However, next year, I will be here from February through to August.

Looking for support of any kind.

Peace
    Peace & Serenity, BBB
    Woman on the move, educating is my groove. Swaying through life, while singing, dancing and praying swirling cruise.

Bbvaroom, I'm so envious of you guys who travel for work internationally. I couldn't resist replying to your post regarding your summer travel there and later return to Ghana in the fall. What city will you be living/working in?

I don't know much about Ghana other than that it's a stable W. African country, and brief history I read at the BBC site. I imagine a small democratic country charged with the excitement of change, dynamic, progressive and stable. I'm sure there's a lot more to Ghana than just that, but it's my initial impression.

Curious about the MS care in Ghana for access to MS doc's, MRIs, sx meds, DMDs if you are currently on a treatment.

Very best of luck and enjoy your working vaca?, adventure?

Comment

How interesting! Myself, I don't even have a passport. Keep on dancing!
      ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Hi,
        Ete sen? I used lived and went to school in Ghana for a year in Koforidua in 2001. That was before I was diagnosed. I have a friend who lived there 2 years ago too. Are you a foreigner, or do you have family there? There was a small but close ex-pat/peace corp/Obroni community that may be good with everyone from Chinese, to American, to Danish.

My questions off the top of my head are what are you doing there? what city are you in? and what is your living situation - do you have reliable power, air conditioning, and water? I ask because it may effect your meds (if you are on any) and symptoms if the heat triggers you.

Also, did you talk with your doctor about malaria meds and the effect of these or malaria on your MS or MS meds?

Not trying to freak you out, Ghana is a great country, I loved the food and the people, and I am so jealous you are there right now.

Comment

Working...
        X