Inosine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inosine

New to this forum and basically new to MS, dx in 12/12.

What does everyone think about Inosine?

I started taking 1g daily and after 2 weeks, noticed more feelking back in my fingertips. Mind you I went 8 months without much feeling, so this is not coincidence.

I have researched Inosine and its purpose is to increase Uric Acid. Copaxone and Predisolone do the exact same thing. Athletes use 6-10g daily for performance reason and the main side effect is kidney stones.

Too much Uric Adic causes Gout, but people with MS seem to have very low levels according to several medical journals.

I just want to know if anyone else takes Inosine daily and felt positive results from it?

I think it's worth taking, especially if you're RRMS.

It's another one of those "alternative treatments" that will never really see the light of day because no one can make money off it.

maxwax...are you also familiar with the supplements Curcumin, Alpha Lipoic Acid and N acetyl glucosamine?

Curcumin is in human trials for RRMS and Alpha Lipoic Acid for SPMS.

N acetyl glucosamine (NAG) halted disease activity and regenerated myelin, in rats.

Google all three with "multiple sclerosis" for the research.

While I don't take Inosine, I do take Curcumin, Alpha Lipoic Acid and NAG daily.

For the past three weeks I've started taking 5 grams of NAG daily which would be the human dose of what the rats who re-grew myelin were given. NAG is made from shellfish and shellfish re-grow their shells to accommodate growth. I'm going to do this for six months and see what happens.

NAG was used in a pediatric Crohn's trial with impressive results and Crohn's and MS are similar in some ways.

You may find this link on Alpha Lipoic Acid and LDN interesting as ALA seems to show efficacy across many "autoimmune" diseases.

Dr. Burt Berkson Presentation on LDN and Alpha Lipoic Acid Therapy for Cancer & Autoimmune Disease

I take LDN as well.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

I am currently taking:

D3 - 10,000 UI
      ALA - 600mg
      N-acytal Cysteine - 600mg
      Turmeric Spice and Pill form - 800mg(which is in the family Curcumin)
      Resveratrol - 500mg
      Inosine - 500mg
      K2 MK7 - 100mcg

LDN - 4.5mg

I will look into N acetyl glucosamine (NAG), thanks!

Comment

Supplements

Maxwax
        I was wondering how you are doing with those specific supplements?
        Thanks!

Comment

I am doing well on them. I upped ALA, NAC to 1200mg and Inosine to 1g. I really feel Inosine made a difference for the numbness in my hands. Almost have full feeling back.

Since my last post on here, I took a chance for Lyme testing and was CDC and Igenex positive through Igenex.

I felt since my PCP originally tested me for Lyme before my MS dx, that another test was in order. and sure enough after almost a year since my first symptom, I tested positive for Lyme. So in my case, Lyme induced my MS.

Comment

I read recently that resveratrol (sp?) makes MS worse- please google to confirm, but please do follow up on that- I know it is an anti inflammatory, but the word on it was not good.

I´ve taken NAG for 2+ years- two tabs a day, just started also taking NAC.

Also take - primrose oil, vit D 5000 IU, B, Mg, Ca, fish oil, ALA, probiotics

No dairy, no gluten (don´t count eggs as dairy)

Comment

Tricky

MS is a really tricky disease, so tricky, that doctors admit they do not have a full grasp on it. I believe MS is caused by an infection, virus, or bacteria.

In relation to Resveratrol, Resveratorl inhibits the survival of EBV. I got tested for EBV and my levels were high even though I never had Mono. I read a study about EBV and MS. Researches compiled data and when 100 patients were in a relapse, their EBV levels were through the roof. So in my mind, their MS has something to do with EBV. Get tested and see where your levels are.

For my Lyme, Japanese Knotweed is crucial and JK is Resveratrol. My neurologist wanted me to take nothing besides Copaxone and 2000IUs of D3. I have read that 5k is min and toxicity is 500k. So why only 2k? I really believe doctors don't know much or don't really want you to get better.

I have heard Resveratrol isn't good for MS and yet scientist continue their studies with it. All medical journals indicate that it is good for a daily supplement, even without disease in play. It's all what you believe I guess. And that is why I research something, and get tests done. My EBV levels have dropped since my last test 3 months ago. So I would Resveratrol is doing its job.

Comment

Interesting regarding the EBV are there other methods of lowering its levels other than resveratrol?

I have been taking 1g of inosine in the morning for about 2 weeks and find that my energy levels at night are significantly higher. I haven't changed anything else in my ridiculous regimen so it would make sense that it has caused the effect.

The other thing I am going to try in January is an Anti-Aromatase product that inhibits the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. It is called Acacetin99. My decision to use it is based on a number of studies regarding testosterone all with findings similar to below...

"In addition to effects on disability, higher testosterone was significantly associated with less cognitive decline (P=0.007) and predictive of smaller 2-year declines in cognitive function.
                The researchers also pointed out a high prevalence of hypogonadism in men with MS early in their disease course (41% with testosterone lower than 300 ng/dL)."

Worth a shot and based on the fact I do about 5 hours of heavy lifting at the gym each week I may see other benefits.

My regimen
                Modified Swank Diet (no more than 15g sat. fat/ day
                4.5mg - LDN
                20mg - Copaxone
                240mg - Psorex (mono-ethyl fumerate)
                1200mg - Vitamin B12
                1500- 2000mg - Malic Acid
                600mg - Alpha Lipoic Acid
                20mg - Bioperine
                1000- 1500mg - Acetyl L-Cartinine
                4000mg - Turmeric Powder
                3000mg - Creatine
                6000IU - Vitamin D
                200mg - Magnesium
                1000mg - Flax Oil
                1000mg - Omega 3
                100mg - CoQ10 (Ubiquinol)
                5000IU - Biotin
                1000mg - Inosine
                Multivitamin (every other day)
                100mg - Diindolylmethane
                Natural Testosterone Booster (3200mg D-Aspartic Acid, 600mg Testofen, 100mg LJ100, 50mg Zinc)
                Acacetin99 Anti Aromatase (50mg 4'-Methoxy-5,7-dihydroxyflavone) Derived from Damiana

Comment

Effects of NAG 5grams daily

Originally posted by knuckle View Post
                  I think it's worth taking, especially if you're RRMS.

It's another one of those "alternative treatments" that will never really see the light of day because no one can make money off it.

maxwax...are you also familiar with the supplements Curcumin, Alpha Lipoic Acid and N acetyl glucosamine?

Curcumin is in human trials for RRMS and Alpha Lipoic Acid for SPMS.

N acetyl glucosamine (NAG) halted disease activity and regenerated myelin, in rats.

Google all three with "multiple sclerosis" for the research.

While I don't take Inosine, I do take Curcumin, Alpha Lipoic Acid and NAG daily.

For the past three weeks I've started taking 5 grams of NAG daily which would be the human dose of what the rats who re-grew myelin were given. NAG is made from shellfish and shellfish re-grow their shells to accommodate growth. I'm going to do this for six months and see what happens.

NAG was used in a pediatric Crohn's trial with impressive results and Crohn's and MS are similar in some ways.

You may find this link on Alpha Lipoic Acid and LDN interesting as ALA seems to show efficacy across many "autoimmune" diseases.

Dr. Burt Berkson Presentation on LDN and Alpha Lipoic Acid Therapy for Cancer & Autoimmune Disease

I take LDN as well.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**
                  Can you share the results of taking 5 grams of NAG and 1200mg of Inosine. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X