Dr.Fuhrman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr.Fuhrman

Just wondering if anyone follows Dr.Fuhrman immunity solution diet, I borrowed the books from a friend to see if they are worth buying. Does anyone go by his diet?

I don't, but a few of my non-MS friends have done his Eat to Live diet but mostly for weightloss. It worked, but was difficult especially the low salt aspect.

Sorry I could not have been more help!

Comment

I can say that I do believe that Dr. F's plan probably will help anyone's overall health. If you can stick to his plan, you will, most probably, gain some benefits from it. Good luck

Comment

Whether is Fuhrman, OMS, Wahls Protocol, Swank, Tara's etc etc. all are basically a low inflammitory diet with high vitamin and minerals.

I started Swank in May and went from 6'3" 205lbs to 178lbs. I have modified the diet a bit here and there but overall i stick to the guiding principles. I was quite lean to begin with, and now i feel a bit too skinny for my liking, but the wife loves the abs.

Comment

I've tried Dr. Furman's diet and have 2 of his books - Super Immunity and Eat to Live. I have a pretty disabling fatigue issue and when I feel well enough to do a lot of cooking from scratch, use his recipes and get to feeling so much better. Then I end up having another flare and it all goes to pot after that, until I get over it and start doing the diet again. I'm trying to bring myself out of one right now using some of his recipes and feel they're helping me a) fight off the two respiratory bugs that have hit the other two I live with and b) help these steroids clear up this flare faster.

It's labor intensive. It's a matter of learning to cook and eat healthier. It's a lifestyle change and those are always hard, especially if there is any resistance to it in the family like there is in mine. It's all up to me to get every sicko in this house healthy, including myself, and much of the time I'm just not up to the task anymore.

I can say that when I can stick to that and the juicing regularly, over the course of a month or two, I do get to feeling amazing and have fewer flares with lesser symptoms. It could have been a coincidence, but I don't think so. There are other times in the past I've done similar diets on my own and had the same results. It's when I start getting lax on things that the big snowball starts rolling downhill, into the valley.

The problem here is, when I'm not up to cooking, I have to settle for things like pizza rolls, frozen pizza, fried foods, sausage, meat and potatoes. My better half doesn't know a zucchini from a cucumber on the store shelves, let alone what to do with one once you get it home. His many talents lie outside of the kitchen and health nut world, but he IS starting to at least open up to these things more and more in time. He's just a really hard nut to crack.

I do my best, and I can say that I love how I feel when I can stick to this plan. He also does a good job explaining everything in his books. He's been getting some pretty amazing results with other autoimmune conditions as well.

A person really can't go wrong improving their diet. I just wouldn't do anything as radical as a juice fast. Perfection isn't in my vocabulary.
          It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Working...
          X