Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex

Hey there,
    It often seems that when I take avonex in my right leg I get slim to no side affects. When I take avonex in my left leg the drug unleashes it's fury. Does anyone else experience the same thing? I have only been on it 2 month's now and this is kinda weird. Thanks in advanced for any input.

I've tried many times to find a correlation between injection sites and side effect intensity, but no luck. For years I rotated the sides of the thighs, the tops of the thighs, and the arms, now I use just the backside and the arms (someone else injects those sites). I've had good and not-so-good weeks on all the sites.

I suspect your variability has much to do with your body still acclimating to the drug. For me, the side effects were worse in the early injections, and many others have reported a similar course. You've had perhaps only eight or nine injections, and the better weeks have popped up coincidentally when you do your right leg. I think soon they'll pop up when you do your left leg as well. (Also unfortunately, a not-so-good week might pop up when you do the right leg.)

I think the intensity of side effects is more directly impacted by the injection time of day, how hydrated and/or rested you are, and the level of other drugs in your system (such as Tylenol, which I usually use a couple hours pre-injection and then a couple hours post-injection before going to bed). Even when I think I have the side effects conquered, a not-so-good week slips in there, but it's still far better than going through a relapse!

Ask questions anytime!

Comment

Working...
    X