Never felt better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never felt better

I am 41 years old, married 21 years and have a senior in high school and a sophomore in college . I was diagnosed in Nov. 2007 with RR MS. What's crazy, is when I had the first tingling, I was 12' in the air, painting our house! My main complaint was random numbness and tingling and severe fatigue. I have a history or Transverse Myelitis when I was 11 years old which they now say could have been an initial onset of MS.
    Right away, the Dr wanted to start me on Rebif. So being newly diagnosed and scared that my very active life would change drastically if I didn't I agreed. Needless to say after 5 years of feeling like crap, I went off of it. At first it was very mild flu symptoms for like 2 years. I just made sure I took my shot right after dinner and slept through most of the side effects. Then slowly over the next 2 years they crept into my whole next day! I was miserable. I was having more bad days then good. Even though I toughed it out and made myself do a lot of daily activities, I was utterly exhausted every day!
    SO....November, 5 years after starting it, I quit. Maybe it will come to haunt me in the future, maybe it won't....All I know, is that I have felt better then ever. I still have the original numbness, tingling and fatigue. But the fatigue comes and goes with humidity and stress. Normally a 20 minute complete relaxation in an easy chair is enough to get back enough energy to make it through the day.
    I don't want to say this will work for everyone, because each case is unique, this is just what works for me

I took Rebif and never felt so sick in my whole life. It screwed up all of my blood counts, my liver counts, I felt horrible. The good news is, there are many treatments you can choose from! I also took Copaxone for many years and had zero side effects from that, aside from some injection site reactions which were no big deal. Whether or not you take a DMD is entirely up to you, but there are so many to choose from now, and since yours started with TM so long ago you may want to reconsider taking something. One thing is for certain, MS is a degenerative disease. Either way it is going to progress, just hopefully slower with a DMD.

It is up to you, just wanted you to know that there are choices other than the interferons and all of their bad side effects.

Best of luck to you in whatever you choose. Glad you are feeling better!

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X