Lemtrada & Stem cell treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemtrada & Stem cell treatment

I want to get the stem cell treatment as soon as it becomes available. What I wonder (If anyone knows) is if you can get Lemtrada first. I worry that once I've rebooted my immune system with Lemtrada that will disqualify me for stem cell treatment.

Does anyone know about this?

I am sure that if you are contacted by a stem cell therapy practitioner they will be glad to inform you if you are a candidate, after looking at your medical records. It is very difficult to get any information from the stem cell teams. I have tried to make contact by email and they don't give out much information. I guess if one was in a trial, one would be given more information.
    I wish you luck with your search. Maybe, you can glean some information and post it for all of us to read.

Comment

My guess

Use of Mitoxantrone would disqualify you from the Northwestern trail so I would GUESS lemtrada would also...but that just means disqualfied from a clinical trial - not that you could not get the treatment.

Comment

I don't think the stem cell therapy is available in this country, other than in a clinical trial. I am sure that it is available in a few foreign countries on a service for fee basis.
        If a patient uses one of the other therapies, the stem cell facility would have to make a determination if the prior use of certain therapies would affect the stem cell therapy outcomes. That question could pose quite a conundrum. It seems that Northwestern University is very selective with the patients that they include in their clinical trials.

Comment

Working...
        X