Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S...China...Thailand...take your pick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you message me about your neurologist in Thailand?

I'm planning on teaching English in Laos and I too have MS and take Gilenya. I'm trying to make sure I can get my medicine while I'm over there so I'd like to get your neurologist's contact information. I believe you can send me a private message.... although I'm not sure how since I couldn't find a way to private message you.

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's not easy to figure these things out on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by bonjonjovi View Post
      I'm planning on teaching English in Laos and I too have MS and take Gilenya. I'm trying to make sure I can get my medicine while I'm over there so I'd like to get your neurologist's contact information. I believe you can send me a private message.... although I'm not sure how since I couldn't find a way to private message you.

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's not easy to figure these things out on my own.
      bonjonjovi - MSWorld has disabled the private messaging feature. The only other way is to place your email address in your user profile in hopes that he will respond to you.

Email addresses must be manually added to user profiles for them to be visible. Here's how to do it:

Click on UserCP (1st item on the left in the dark blue Navbar under the MSWorld logo)
      Choose Edit Your Details
      Scroll down to Additional Information. Type your email address in the URL field
      Scroll to page bottom and click Save Changes

Your profile is only visible to registered logged-in members. Adding your email to your profile is done purely by choice. You can remove it at any time.

Hope this helps you. Good luck!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Info for Neuro in Thailand

Originally posted by bonjonjovi View Post

No problem for me to give you the info here.

My neuro was Dr. Sasitorn Siritho at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok. She was really good, excellent English so communication was not a problem, since I don't speak Thai. It shouldn't be too difficult for you to get to Bangkok from Laos, and Bumrungrad is a world-class hospital, easily the best hospital in Thailand. And the cost is considerably lower than in the U.S.

Anyway, let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to try to answer them for you.

Question for you, bonjonjovi: are you going to Laos to teach English through a particular company, or are you going on your own? I'm curious because the company that I've been with in China also has English teachers in Laos.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

RRMS, dx May 2013, on Gilenya from May '13 - Aug. 14
        Currently following Dr. Jelinek's OMS (Overcoming MS) plan

Comment

Thank You!

Originally posted by miwealia View Post
          No problem for me to give you the info here.

My neuro was Dr. Sasitorn Siritho at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok. She was really good, excellent English so communication was not a problem, since I don't speak Thai. It shouldn't be too difficult for you to get to Bangkok from Laos, and Bumrungrad is a world-class hospital, easily the best hospital in Thailand. And the cost is considerably lower than in the U.S.

Anyway, let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be happy to try to answer them for you.

Question for you, bonjonjovi: are you going to Laos to teach English through a particular company, or are you going on your own? I'm curious because the company that I've been with in China also has English teachers in Laos.
          Thank you so much for the information. I will be contacting Dr. Sirithro shortly!

To answer your question, I am just heading over on my own. I just finished my MA TESOL and I went traveling to celebrate and I just fell in love with Laos. I've got a few leads and contacts for potential jobs, but not much more than that. If you know of any vacancies...

Thanks again for all the answers!

Comment

Thank you Seasha as well

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            bonjonjovi - MSWorld has disabled the private messaging feature. The only other way is to place your email address in your user profile in hopes that he will respond to you.

Email addresses must be manually added to user profiles for them to be visible. Here's how to do it:

Click on UserCP (1st item on the left in the dark blue Navbar under the MSWorld logo)
            Choose Edit Your Details
            Scroll down to Additional Information. Type your email address in the URL field
            Scroll to page bottom and click Save Changes

Your profile is only visible to registered logged-in members. Adding your email to your profile is done purely by choice. You can remove it at any time.

Hope this helps you. Good luck!

I was so confused why I couldn't find the PM option! Thanks for explaining.

Comment

Working...
            X