MS footwear must haves???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS footwear must haves???

A strange question I know. I have become very very very sensitive to things touching my feet. My ankles have gotten weak so flip flops are out but I need some suggestions for good socks that are compression, soft or diabetic that you know help MSers with the foot sensitivity.

If you have any other tricks or tips for good brand socks, sneakers or shoes that you know help with that sensitivity, ankle weakness and gate issue I would appreciate it.
    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Me too!

I too have strange sensations in my feet! Neuro said no more flip flops! I am barefoot most the time. I love my Birkenstocks!

Comment

I love my Toms. No laces to mess with, they are soft and can be worn with or without socks, comfy and can take an insole if needed. There are crochet ones that let some air in.

Comment

I use elastic laces to make regular laced shoes more like slip-ons. The laces help conserve vital energy and also keep me from fumbling into frustration trying to tie the laces.

Comment

I use elastic-laces shoes too (with a toggle tightener) and they come as water shoes as well. I also have some maryjane style shoes with velcro closures.

Many of my winter shoes have zippers, another easy-to-use option.

For me, the sculptural quality of the soles of shoes seems to be the most important factor in helping me walk (a little), balance, and keep them on. If the soles are too thin or too flat, forget it.

Stay lifted,
          Mermaid
          "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Working...
          X