question about aubagio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about aubagio!

I have one more day to finish the Prevalite to flush the Aubagio out of my system due to a severe allergic reaction. After the 11 day course of Prevalite, does anyone know how long before I can expect to see a decrease in my symptoms? Any help with this would be so welcome. I am in a panic right now.

Panic over symptoms from Aubagio

I called Ms One-to-One and they had no answers about the side effects. They transferred me to their pharmacist for specialty meds who didn't even know what Prevalite was or that it was used to flush out the Aubagio. I just cannot seem to get an answer and I really need one. ANYBODY have a clue as to how long I might see symptoms of an adverse effect after finishing the prevalite?

Comment

Prevalite is cholestyramine--what they list in their prescribing info as being the washout process for the med. I'd call back and tell them you used cholsetyramine, and they should know exactly what that is. Well, the pharmacist at the drug company should, anyhow. If they don't, there is a bigger problem and you may need to have your neuro's office give them a call. I'm wondering if they didn't transfer you to the right person?

What symptoms are you having? Some allergic reactions can take a full two weeks to level off, and that's after you stop being in contact with the allergen. I can't speak to Aubagio specifically, but if it is a true allergic reaction and you're still clearing the med, having the reaction still ongoing makes sense to me as a random reader of your post. I'm prone to full scale reactions, so can only speak from personal experience.

Comment

adverse effects to aubagio

I developed extreme neuropathy in my hands and a milder form in my feet. After using the Prevalite 98% of the aubagio should be gone and the rest takes 8 months to 2 years to leave. I also read this allergic reaction can be permanent. No one ever told me that or I would have run from Aubagio as fast as I could.

The doctor upped the steroids again but that is not helping. This neuropathy has turned my life upside down. I now need help in the bathroom, getting dressed, typing,... and I can no longer sew, which is my passion.

I am VERY discouraged.

Comment

I believe that symptom isn't an allergic reaction, but possible actual damage to the nerves. (Don't quote me on that.) Your neuro is the best person to answer what this means long term. Hopefully you recover.

How awful!

Comment

Working...
          X