MS is a pain in my neck. Anyone Else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow- same boat kinda

WOW! I am surprised that this neck pain issue is more common than i thought. My neck pain jump-started the ms dx too. I had severe neck and shoulder pain left side for years. I had an abnormal EMG and MRI showed a herniated disc. I had the disc repaired at 22 years old:/, thinking this would solve all my issues. YEA RIGHT. It helped the pain ALOT until it flared right back up 3 months later.

Doctors thought something went wrong with surgery until they ruled that out, then new symptoms just kept piling on eventually leading to diagnosis at 23. The things that I have found that help is DO NOT look down to read, write, etc. Get a reclining chair and adjustable table that tilts along with a neck pillow. Wearing a cervical collar at night helps too. I also have a TENs unit that helps sometimes when nothing else will.

Finally found an awesome new cream called ketoprofen that my doc prescribed- works AMAZING-like a stronger deeper form of Icy hot-hope all these tips help. The only med I found that works is valium. I tried soma, flexeril etc and none worked so my neurosurgeon recommended valium since it is a powerful muscle relaxer and it works great when you are trying to go to bed.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

MS is a pain in the neck!

My neck pain started this morning. This is a new symptom for me. I was dx in 2016 at age 53; although I look back at different points in my life and realize that I have most likely had MS for a decade. I had to go back to bed and rest today. Even though this thread is 5 years old your comments are what I needed to read. I feel odd running to my Dr (whom I like a lot) with every ailment. She says it’s not a new MS symptom unless it last for 24 hrs. This thread calmed me and gave me great ideas of what to do. Thank you all So much!

Comment

Working...
      X