burning foot/feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burning foot/feet

I have been experiencing burning foot on my weak leg and sometimes it feels like there are flames under my foot. Does anyone have this issue and if so, what do you do for it?

YES!!! I am so sorry you have this too! It's horrible! My rt side is my weak side and that foot swells more to. Last night I almost jumped out of bed because it felt like something stung the top of my foot!

This sound harsh but what really helps me is to pour cold water over my foot! As cold as I can stand it or I will keep a wet hand towel in a plastic bag in the freezer and will pull it out and wrap it around my foot. I know I sound crazy but it really helps me! I take Neurontin ( bad spelling today)also but still need my cold!
    Sissy

Comment

Oh, that sounds awful I'm sorry for that. My neurologist says to call her if I develop anything that persists over two days. There could be a drug out there to help with that, and maybe steroids could help.

Wish you the best!

Comment

Originally posted by cvbeach View Post
        I have been experiencing burning foot on my weak leg and sometimes it feels like there are flames under my foot. Does anyone have this issue and if so, what do you do for it?
        Well, I use ice packs to distract me from the pain...but you can't do that during the day, and wearing shoes can make mine worse.

Ask your neuro about meds for this. There are several meds that help with the "burning" pain of MS. Some are anti-epileptic meds, some anti depressants, but they do work to help tone down the pain. I use Elavil, but there are other meds like Neurontin, Tegretol and Lyrica that are used for neuro pain.

Call your neuro ASAP so you can start getting relief.

I also use numbing cream when I have to wear shoes for an extended time, and my burning feet have been acting up.

Hope you get some relief

Comment

I have had that since 1991. Tramadol works well for me, and it doesn't make me fall asleep like Neurontin.

Comment

I have had the burning feet for several years but the last few months it has been really bad. I have been taking tramadol but last month my neuro started me on Gabapentin and it seems to be working well. I still have the burning feet but it isn't near as hot.

Comment

Burning feet and toes, mee too!

Hi, I have had the same burning in my feet and toes on and off for a few months. Lately it is too often! I was driving and had to pull over and rip my shoes off! (my son was really scared). I called my dr. And she prescribed gabapentin. It worked quickly and no burning for 3 days. That was with one dose at bedtime. That said, it was difficult to get moving the next day. So i only took that one does. Next time I will take it earlier in the evening. The np said i can take it only when necessary, but the tiredness lessens when taken regularily. Good luck.

Comment

My feet get really hot sometimes but it is usually when I am trying to fall asleep. I did waaaay too much Saturday and I couldn't fall asleep because my feet were on fire. I almost never wear socks to bed.
                dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Burning feet, thanks

Thanks to all of you who responded. I'm glad I'm not going crazy. I will ask the neuro for some help.

Comment

My feet felt like I had really bad Athlete's Foot. A really annoying burning feeling. They at times also felt like someone had just dropped a bowling ball on the. On really fun days it was both!

Neuropathic pain can respond to a variety of meds. Most often it's off label use of seemingly unrelated meds. For me it is a combination of gabapentin (Neurontin), an anticonvulsant, and amitriptilyne (Elavil) and antidepressant. I take 3600mg gabapentin and 50mg amitriptilyne daily and all of my foot issues have gone away.

Kyle
                    At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

burning foot/feet

i also have burning in my foot im taking 450 mgs of lyrica it really hasnt help but its being only two days on that dose

Comment

Lyrica helped with my burning feet. I had the burning feeling, and also felt like there were fire ants biting them. It was awful! But when I went on lyrica it calmed down a lot and made it much more tolerable.

Now I'm off the lyrica as I'm not having much nerve pain anymore. Now my feet are just mostly numb. Not sure it's a good sign as I've progressed, but at least it isn't driving me crazy anymore!

Comment

I not only have the burning feet, but I also get the burning sensation in my forearms.my doctor put me on gabapentin, 600 mg at breakfast and at lunch, then 900 mg at dinner and bed. that had seem to work, for me anyway. I hope you find something that works for you
                          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                          volunteer
                          MS World
                          hunterd@msworld.org
                          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I have it also. My podiatrist said it is related to my peroneal tendonitis and planter fasciitis. What I do is keep a water bottle in the freezer and use it to roll back and forth under my foot. It does help in my case, might be worth a try
                            DX Probable Benign MS 2006
                            Changed to Fibromyalgia
                            Seizure 2011
                            Many new symptoms starting 1/2013

Comment

burning feet

i have burning feet mostly late evening or at night. it feels like my feet are going to burst into flames any minute. my neurologist has given me amitriptyline, i'm on 50 mg but that does is changing to 75 to see if it helps. my husband usually puts a towel under the cold tap & wraps it around my feet, this actually did help. I hope the higher dose helps as most nights i sleep with both my feet out of the quilt as the quilt makes it worse. I hope you get help soon & i'll be interested to see how you get on. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                              X