Erection, yes! Orgasm, no!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erection, yes! Orgasm, no!

I'm new to this forum. I'm a 62yo male and was diagnosed with MS about 20 yrs ago. I have a problem that I haven't seen addressed yet.

Starting about a month ago, I can get an erection, but no matter how much or how long my penis is stimulated, there is no orgasm. I can feel the stimulation, whether from intercourse or masturbation, and I can sense the impending climax, but it never comes (and neither do I). I can spend an hour or more right at the edge, but no fireworks! I've even tried using a long, slim vibrator inserted in my rectum, trying to stimulate my prostate from inside to see if that would trigger a climax. The feelings of impending orgasm were stronger, but still: no climax!

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

I've seen electro-stimulation devices on the internet that claim to provide intense orgasms. But all the ones I've seen so far include an electrode/contact that straps onto the head of the penis. It seems to me that what this does is provide electrical stimulation to the penis instead of physical stimulation (intercourse or manual) leading to an otherwise normal orgasm.

I've also read about devices used to 'harvest' semen from bulls to use for artificially inseminating cows. According to one account I read, an electrical probe is inserted into the bull's rectum and, very shortly, the bull ejaculates enough semen to impregnate a dozen cows (more or less, I guess). According to this story, as I remember it, when the bull sees the trailer that he is to be held in for this process (after he's experienced it time or two) he is more than willing to go into it for the procedure. EAGER to go into it for the procedure! (Yeah, yeah, I know: typical male!) I'm not quite ready to be the human guinea pig to test technology and equipment used on cattle, but if it works for a large bovine I'm sure someone, somewhere, at sometime has already attempted it or something similar with positive, negative, or mixed results.

Anyway, any help or advice from the group will be appreciated! Thank you.

So I am not alone in this??

So I am only a meager 43 yrs old and also have difficulty accieving orgasm. Some times it is the rest of my body giving out on me (arms, legs, back, etc) and other times it is like the switch between my brain and my *** is turned off. I go from hard and ready to limp and wasted in the middle of having great sex. It can last two months or more between orgasms these days. So I guess it is more that I get to look forward to with more time with this fun disease.
    Michael Grigsby

Comment

I believe this is called retarded ejaculation, but don't know much about it.

Comment

Interesting... My boyfriend who also has ms has this issue. I first thought it was me then thought it was alcohol related, but didn't realize it could be his ms. He's on tysabri and has been doing really good. The funny thing is that I'm exhausted and very pleased with his performance, but feel guilty. Anything help?

Comment

I'M THE OPPOSITE OF THE 1ST THREAD READ

ERECTION NO -A WEAK ORGASM YES
          (hope this post is permitted

MY ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION HAS BEEN ON GOING FOR 10 YEARS NOW..

IT NEVER GETS ERECT (ON)...BUT IT CAN STILL DO THE OR...GASM ...IS THAT A STRANGE THING?

SO THAT'S THE WAY IT IS... EVEN WHEN IT'S LIMP OR SOFT...I GUESS EVERYONE IS REALLY DIFFERENT

MS MAKES US ALL SUFFER VARIOUS SYMTOMS
          MS'ers may not all walk-- but, we can still roll along-so lets rock-n-roll as a power mobility group I do have an extra scooter & Powerchair The cat or my caregiver won't ride with me so maybe you could?

Comment

It is not just men

I am a women with MS and have been suffering this for the last 3 years or so. Been DX for the last 6. Though it sure is fun to keep trying it is a real bummer to never get there with my husband or without!! Especially when that was NEVER a problem before! I thought it was just a female problem!

Comment

at least we're all trying our best. Before I had MS I tryed everthing to perform longer and delay orgasm. "The Star Spangled Banner" worked most of the time

Trouble keeping it up can be helped by some of the pills. I take Levetra( Vardenafil) Rx from my urologist. My legs and back get tired so my wife helps out on top and by hand or orally. Sometimes you gotta try everything and different things for all the stimulation you both can get.

I stopped trying so hard to achieve and began to relax and let it happen. Sometimes if you don't think about it or try not to, it happens a little stronger.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

I have had MS for at least 30 years and have had problems with ED which have increased very slowly over time. In the past i have not had problems achieving orgasm but just over the past month or two this has become very difficult. I recently read about an FDA approved Vibrator called the Viberect available from:

http://medicalvibrator.com/

Here is a product description:

Viberect is a Class II medical device for home and clinic use to provoke penile erection in men with erectile dysfunction, and to provoke ejaculation in men with spinal cord injury .

CE Indications: Penile vibratory stimulation device for the treatment of erectile and ejaculatory disorders (prescription use). Availability: Viberect®is available with a prescription from a health care provider

I called the company and asked them to send me some info so that I can bring it with me when I visit to my doctor
                This month.

Comment

I have this issue to most of the time. Which for a 22 year old guy is very frustrating.

Comment

I found another vibrator made by Wahl. It costs around $40 at Walgreens and it works as well as the prescription one. I think it is call a Wahl Pro.

Comment

Torn I had this issue and my wife thought it was her also. It wasn't and probably is not you either. Be super compassionate to your BF as I promise you he is dealing with some major issues as a result.

I took myself off gabapentin and the problems resolved. Now I have decreased libido but when I can get in the mood everything is in full working order. Any who are having similar problems stop the gabapentin if you are on it, (taper not cold turkey) and see if things resolve. If they do you got a tough call in front of you is orgasm more important than pain relief or not.

Also of course talk with your doctor before any major changes in meds.
                      Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun, Three little birds Pitch by my doorstep Singin sweet songs Of melodies pure and true, Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou

Comment

I was diagnosed with MS 5 years ago I am 54. My sex life was good up until I was diagnosed. I get involuntary erections maybe four or five times per day. So getting it up when required is not a problem. the problem is I just cant seem to orgasm. No matter what sort of stimulation I get. My wife is very helpful and says its OK but I feel she misses out as well. Its a real pain.

Comment

Working...
                        X