Catheter Vendor Recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catheter Vendor Recommendation?

I start self-cathing next week, and my insurance policy specifically excludes urinary catheters from coverage.

Any suggestions about where I should purchase catheters? Anyone, like Liberator Medical, give discounts to people without coverage by insurance? I have health insurance.....just not for urinary catheters.

I really like the looks of the speedicath, but not sure I can afford it

Catheters

In Alberta, Canada we have a program called Aids to Daily Living which allows me 70 catheters every two months. I had a prescription from the Urologist and I had to apply for this program -- not sure if you have something similar where you are. I contacted the makers of Speedicath by e-mail and they sent me a sample of Speedicath. I loved the design but the ones for women are only about 4 inches in length and the end is somewhat like a sprinkler so when I stood in front of the toilet and began peeing, I could feel droplets hitting my lower legs. When I got a follow-up phonecall from the company, I explained my issue and now they are going to send me a 'male' version sample which will be longer in length. You might choose to ask for a sample for yourself.

Comment

Catheter supply company

I get my catheter supplies from United Medical Providers (1-888-246-7980). They bill my insurance and do not bill me for a copay. So I wonder if they might be willing to give you a break. Check them out, I hope you find some help.

Comment

Working...
      X