Review: Hugo Explore Side-Fold Rollator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review: Hugo Explore Side-Fold Rollator

I was excited when I learned Hugo Mobility released a new rollator. As an owner of the Hugo 4.0 version I was hoping changes would make a wonderful mobility device even better.

The rollator setup requires limited assembly that took me roughly 5 minutes to complete. You have to attach the backrest, handlebars and the basket. The tools required for assembly are included. It took another 2-3 minutes to make height adjustments for my personal use.

If you read my Hugo 4.0 review (http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=125519#3) you may remember that I did not have any true CONS, but had some suggestions as follows:
    - at times, the rollator can be difficult to collapse for transport
    - the rollator does not fold completely square requiring more room than necessary
    - in the folded position it would be great to have a strap securing the rollator from opening while moving it

The new Explore is easier to collapse, folds squarely requiring less room to store, and has a strap to secure it while collapsed. How about them apples?

This model folds tightly enough to fit between the front and rear seats of my wife’s car making it even easier to take out and use. The frame changed from a round to an oval frame dropping the overall weight by about 5 pounds. Storage has been moved from under the seat to the front of the rollator. The backrest has also changed to a flexible version so you don't have a hard pole to rest your back against.

Of course, there are a few things Hugo might consider for future models:

- Adding safety reflectors to the wheels
    - Providing a good space to attach cell phones (the oval frame makes attaching some accessories more difficult), cups holders, etc.
    - Changing the strap from red to black so it doesn’t stand out as much
    - Selling additional storage accessories for under the seat for shopping ventures.

This is my favorite rollator to date and I am using it more and others less. I have no problems recommending this rollator for purchase.

I would also like to mention that Hugo donates a portion of their sales to the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. This and other Hugo Mobility products can be ordered from Amazon.com. Please use the MSWorld link to Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...home/msworld08) so 5% of the sale will be donated to MSWorld.
Working...
X