Pro biotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro biotics

Been reading articles about leaky gut and they recommend taking probiotics. Any suggestions? Should one avoid the lactobacilus casei one?

Thanks

I read about the 'leaky gut' situation on Leo something's site. Also there is some validity to it as suggested by Ann Boroch in her books. My brother swears by the probiotics sold by Swanson vitamins. I have been trying to decide which way to go with the probiotics for some time. I hope you can come up with a definite answer. Please share when you find something that works for you. Good luck

Comment

Bought a bottle of 100 chewable tabs at Whole Foods- has 2 strains- billions of the buggers. Donīt know if it is doing anything positive, but not doing anything negative.

Been sugar/simple carb free for 1.5 weeks- esp. this week as am on steroid infusions and trying to avoid the high blood sugar.

Comment

Tried lots and like the Enzymatic Therapy brand pearls.
        Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

I love renew life critical care probiotics. Been taking it for a while now.
          With leaky gut, you also need to healing nutrients like zinc and B vitamins and be assessed for food allergies and get of processed food and toxins.

Comment

Probiotic - get the bifidobacterium

I've been schooled by a doctor on probiotics and was told bifidobacterium is a necessary strain when considering the research on effectiveness of probiotics for gut health. I did a google scholar search and found several journal articles that substantiate its effectiveness. One specifically shows its ability to enhance cellular immunity in the elderly. I may not be elderly, but my immune system feels like it sometimes!

Good luck!
            Irish.Girl 40 yrs old
            Diagnosed with RRMS 2004 at 30 yrs old
            Possibly transitioning to SPMS
            Rebif 3 mos, Copaxone 5 yrs
            Last 4 years no DMD

Comment

probiotics

I want to start taking a probiotic. I found one at Newport Natural Health Store that I think I'll order. Its called Probiotic with FOS

Comment

Check out the article regarding gut bacteria and the immune system- google that and the researcherīs name:
                Sarkis Mazmanian.

Says that probiotics can temper MS symptoms.

Comment

Make your own

Making your own pro biotics is easy and cheep.
                  Do a google search or YouTube search on "Lacto fermentation".
                  You can ferment pretty much anything, just find what you like best. I myself like green beans, carrots, and citrus juice, (organic of course).
                  For the vegetables, you can add herbs like dill or any other herb you like. You can also add any spices you may like.

Comment

Probiotic for immunity

Originally posted by Iwalkfunny View Post
                    Making your own pro biotics is easy and cheep.
                    Do a google search or YouTube search on "Lacto fermentation".
                    You can ferment pretty much anything, just find what you like best. I myself like green beans, carrots, and citrus juice, (organic of course).
                    For the vegetables, you can add herbs like dill or any other herb you like. You can also add any spices you may like.

Probiotics form the ultimate food group which enhance the gut bacteria population and thereby strengthen the immunity of the body. This forms the best natural defense against infectious agents such as virus and bacteria. Kefir, sourdough bread, kimchi, apple cider vinegar are the best examples of probiotics. For more information on how these "superfoods" can enhance your well-being, read this...

Comment

Kimchi, fermented beets, milk/water keifer, kumbucha is where I get my probiotics.
                      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
                        Been reading articles about leaky gut and they recommend taking probiotics. Any suggestions? Should one avoid the lactobacilus casei one?

Thanks
                        I'm off dairy and feeling better (less congestion and headaches basically). I use plain unsweetened coconut milk yogurt or soy yogurt in the morning. They are great with fruit. Avoid the ones that are fruit flavored because they contain a ton of cane or refined sugar.
                        All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
                        X