No announcement yet.

Looking for someone who had a loved one with MS pass away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh andee~I am truly sorry to hear of your mom's passing. She fought the bravest battle and now she is a peace and the legacy of inspiration she left for you will be with you for the rest of your life. She has shed her broken body and is now dancing with angels! I hope knowing this brings you solace.

Please find some peace yourself and thank you for sharing your story. You are in my prayers.

(((HUGS))) to you
    Seasha
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

so sorry

So sorry to hear about your mom passing, I know that she is in a better place and not suffering anymore but I also know that it is very very hard to let her go. My dad was in same well sounds about the same condition with ms, he passed away at age 61, the last few years of his life were so painful for him and he was ready to go when he did. So sorry again for your loss.

Comment

I'm so sorry.

Comment

Thinking of you at this sad time.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

My mother is resting in peace

I buried my mother on Friday 6/28 in this beautiful old rustic cemetary with an old chapel probably built in the 1700's. Which was very fitting due to that she was always a little old fashioned. Her favorite shows were The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie. We lived apart for so many years but now I know she will always be near watching over me. Still it is very painful...but I know time will heal. Love you Mama

Comment

Andee, I just read your posts. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Losing Moms

Sorry to hear about your Mom. The Date is the same for me although 4 year ago on June 28. The date was also my Grandmom's birthday so if I think about one I think of the other. Time does heal. My mom is in a beautiful Mausoleum in Boynton Beach Fl. She is in front of this beautiful stained glass window. She was the last of our older generation. Now It is only me and my brother that are left to remember the time when we grew up with all of them around us.
                Cheryl

Comment

Mom

Originally posted by andee1022 View Post
                  My mom passed away this morning. It had been 2 weeks since she was admitted into hospice inpatient care. She fought a long battle and it was her time to go. I am so very sad. I thought that the time I had to prepare would ease the pain a bit...but that is so untrue. My heart aches for my beautiful mother who was the bravest and strongest person I have ever known. She had the most loveable fun spirit and never let her MS struggles get her down. She is an inspiration to all. I will miss you my sweet mama. You are free of pain now and I can vision you dancing with the angels. I will love you forever
                  I lost my mother 12/03/2003 due to comps of diabetes its going on 10 yrs. it never get better she was only 48 when she left us and I was just dx with MS 3 weeks ago 40 dad isn't well either with ALS its genetic in my family and it is scary i wish it had a cure for us all.
                  I know your pain and please know we are with you in the hard times. Remember the good times I now its hard to do but we have to

Comment

You know. Here is a thought. I have lost several friends who were in 50's and some in 40's to cancer. They knew they would die. MS, with all its complications can kill you. But hopefully, we have all gotten over the shock and acknowledge that. To me it makes life more precious. Believe me, at 60 going through a divorce after 23 years of marriage, it is hard to look forward without fear. But the truth is...I just know what will probably do me in. I have got the memo, the call. Lots of my peers and former co-workers may get a call that says they will die of cancer, or die of a sudden heart attach without any warning.

I consider the fact that i probably know what will do me in a blessing. I can try to prepare for it.

Watching a dear friend die of ovarian cancer after fighting it with chemo for 6 years was really hard. She was in alot of pain towards the end. All her friends could do was pray she passed quickly. Much harder for her hubby.

I will take the 'call' I got and deal with it as best I can. My faith and my support groups helps me all they.

Comment

Originally posted by Nenebird View Post
                      You know. Here is a thought. I have lost several friends who were in 50's and some in 40's to cancer. They knew they would die. MS, with all its complications can kill you. But hopefully, we have all gotten over the shock and acknowledge that. To me it makes life more precious. Believe me, at 60 going through a divorce after 23 years of marriage, it is hard to look forward without fear. But the truth is...I just know what will probably do me in. I have got the memo, the call. Lots of my peers and former co-workers may get a call that says they will die of cancer, or die of a sudden heart attach without any warning.

I consider the fact that i probably know what will do me in a blessing. I can try to prepare for it.

Watching a dear friend die of ovarian cancer after fighting it with chemo for 6 years was really hard. She was in alot of pain towards the end. All her friends could do was pray she passed quickly. Much harder for her hubby.

I will take the 'call' I got and deal with it as best I can. My faith and my support groups helps me all they.
                      I agree and having MS lurking in the background sure has put in perspective what treatments I am willing to consider should I be diagnosed with another chronic or terminal illness. I would much prefer to go quickly than linger in the ravages of MS.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

Just saw your post and I am sorry for your loss. You are a wonderful son.

Yes, I lost my mother from MS related causes in 1972. I was a little girl. This spring I lost my sister in law to MS. Technically, my SIL had a heart attack in her sleep, but she was confined to her bed for about ten years and became very overweight as a result. This happens to bedridden people more than you would think. Thankfully, the death certificates were honest about the MS in both cases.

People do indeed die of M.S. This thread is evidence of that. A candle light vigil should be done on the State capital steps during MS awareness month in March - each candle representing a loved one lost to M.S. This is done all the time with other diseases and it seems like MS is never publicly recognized for the killer it really and truly is (we are too busy convincing people that we're doing great I guess ...I wish we could stop doing this so much!).

My condolences to everyone who contributed to this thread.
                        Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                          J This is done all the time with other diseases and it seems like MS is never publicly recognized for the killer it really and truly is (we are too busy convincing people that we're doing great I guess ...I wish we could stop doing this so much!).
                          Yup me too. I feel the naive optimism, or is it denial?, is an insult to those whose lives have been ravished by this miserable disease.
                          Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post

People do indeed die of M.S. This thread is evidence of that.

My condolences to everyone who contributed to this thread.
                            Not to mention all the people with MS that die from head injuries from falling down stairs or other accidental trip and fall type problems.
                            If someone with MS trips and cracks their head open on the garage floor... the death certificate will probably read "head injury" and make no mention of MS. The fact that MS caused the trip and fall never gets a word.

Perhaps we should wear helmets when we get out of bed?
                            Actually death by head injury sounds quicker and easier.

Very sorry for your loss.
                            I fear there are no easy answers to the end of life question.

Comment

How does MS kill you? My sisters husband has MS. What can you tell me about understanding MS and how is the best way to help him?

Comment

Working...
                              X