TYSABRI REBOUND TREATED BY LEMTRADA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYSABRI REBOUND TREATED BY LEMTRADA

MY NEURO JUST CAME BACK FROM AN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE IN FRANCE PERTAINING TO THE TYSABRI REBOUND EFFECT.

HE SAYS THAT HIS PLAN FOR ME IS TO START LEMTRADA 60 DAYS AFTER COMING OFF TY AND THAT THEY BELIEVE THAT WILL PREVENT THE REBOUND EFFECT.

HE SAID THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL AND THAT 30% OF PEOPLE RECEIVING LAMTRADA DEVELOPE THYROID DISEASE/GRAVES DISEASE BUT THAT'S A BETTER TRADE OFF THAN PML OR PERMENANT DISABILITY.

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS OR CAN SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE.

THANKS EVERYONE.

lemtrada in not available

Hello Regi- Lemtrada is NO LONGER available for MS......only for cancer. It was taken off the shelves for MS patients when the company that owns it applied for licensing. Essentially they are holding all MS patients hostage until which time the regulators approve its use. An interesting tactic to say the least and I can only hope that those who would have benefited from its use are not put in harms way while they play these games. I would have thought they'd leave the door cracked open a little for those in a tough place but they didn't.

I hope this drug does get approved because it appears to be a savior to many. I just hope there's not a lot of "collateral damage" to those waiting for help.

Comment

MY NEURO PLANS TO TAKE ME OFF OF TYSABRI IN AUGUST AND EXPECTS THAT IT WILL BE APPROVED WITHIN 60 DAYS OF THAT, IF NOT HE SAID WE'LL DO ONE MORE DOSE IN OCTOBER AND START IT IN DECEMBER.

HE SAID THEY SHOULD HAVE IT BACK ON THE MARKET BY SEPTEMBER OR OCTOBER.

Comment

Hoping you're doc is right.

I've heard that same thing about several drugs and while they all ultimately made it to market all of them took months longer than "expected".

Plan accordingly, if someone says October plan on six months minimum beyond that (April 2014) and be pleasantly surprised if it happens sooner.

Good luck!

Comment

I am in the same boat. What I was wondering is, I know the same treatment is available for other immune confused illnesses.

Could there be possibly a way to obtain it anyway? I've had doctors change dxs just to get me treatments I need. I'm going to talk to my neuro.

Comment

Regigirl,

I was on Tysabri for 3 yrs. I quit taking it in August of 2011. I have taken nothing since then and have only experienced positive things. I am still walking, have less depression and NO PML
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

SO YOU HAD NO REBOUND EFFECT AFTER DISCONTINUING TYSABRI?

Comment

Working...
              X