Has anyone gone from Aubagio to BG-12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone gone from Aubagio to BG-12?

On my second try of Aubagio and starting to have major side effects (again). My neuro will most likely have my stop Aubagio and switch to BG-12.

Has anyone switched from Aubagio to BG-12? If yes, how did it go.

Me!

I did the washout to get the Aubagio out of my system (11 days of 3x/day cholestyramine powder in liquid. It's grainy and weird, but fine). The drug company says there is no need to do this, but since Aubagio stays in your bile for 18 months to 2 years and there are no studies on taking them concurrently, the neuro thought this was prudent.

After 11 days of washout, I started Tecfidera. It has a different group of potential side effects, but it washes out of your system almost immediately so of there is a problem, it's gone quickly.

I'm so sorry your second try at Aubagio was awful! If you do need to wash it out, I found it worked best with Tang, of all things.

Comment

I did

I did wash out to tec going well on tec just had from June till oct to wait with nothing took too long with nothing but tec no prob so far

Comment

Aubagio to Tec...

I stopped Aubagio about 3 weeks ago. Been having a consistent bout with a tingling burn in both feet for about a year now (was on Aubagio for about 12 months too) & this is listed as a side effect of this drug. My neuro was skeptical of the Aubagio causing this but agreed with me to discontinue. He wanted an MRI done of my L-spine which I did & it showed 3 bad discs which he wants to believe is the cause of my the issue in my feet. Maybe it is, now I just don't know myself. Aubagio has ended. Had no other side effects from it. Waiting for BG12 from pharmacy. Neuro said no washout to be done. Just overlap it with the BG12. This ok? I guess...gonna try inversion therapy to see if it helps my spine/feet issue. Also hope Tec doesn't send me in the wrong direction. All I ask for now is just to get normal feeling back into my feet. It's been eating away at me.....

Comment

Working...
        X