How to use my wheelchair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use my wheelchair?

Hi everyone, I have been w/c bound for over a year. I can still stand up, but walking is done. I was wondering how to get good in my wheelchair. How to get up small curbs by myself, etc. Anyone have any advice on where to look for lessons or tips on this? I mean, I can roll around just fine, but am hoping to find some "advanced" tips.

thanks!

I would try an occupational therapist. Or just ask your neurologist to point you in the right direction. I have been in a wheelchair since 2006, and my best piece of advice would be to make sure you have anti-tip bars in place! You also may want to get a good pair of leather gloves that will help you with grip and will also protect you from heat from friction.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Oh dear! Maybe your neuro thought you had already worked with an OT when you first started using your chair so didn't refer you? Well it sounds like its time for you to ask for a referral now from your neuro or primary doctor. You don't have to try to figure it out on your own! That's what OT's are for.

Comment

ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X