Almost tipped my manuel wheelchair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost tipped my manuel wheelchair

I don't get out much. I think from this post, you can tell why. Well, I thought I could drive an errand today. I arrived, and the sidewalk ramp look wide and nice.

So I started to push my manual wheelchair wheels, and realized I was close to tipping. So I relaxed, and didn't try to go up the remainder of the ramp. I was at the bottom, and turned my manual wheelchair around, and backed my wheelchair up the ramp.

I get so aggravated at myself, because I still think I am the strong athletic person I used to be. Well I'm not, and I better realize that now, before I get hurt.

The reason I am posting this, is because I was the one who posted that everyone should have the "anti tipping" wheel attachments on the back of chairs. Hello, I guess I didn't read my own post.

I still have the manual wheelchair, which I bought used, without the tipping wheels. I can no longer use MS as my excuse for being an idiot. I am getting the "anti tipping" wheels, and that's final.

Take care,
    Diana

Yes it can be hard to realize things are not as they used to be and we have to adjust to the new us and that can change day to day or hour to hour
    good for you to follow your own advice safety is important

Comment

Working...
    X