U have to be a genius in order to deal with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U have to be a genius in order to deal with MS

Well, I thank God for nursing homes, because without my husband, I wouldn't know what to do.

We are getting to have a "walk in shower with a seat" installed. No wait a minute, it is called a "handicapped accessible" shower with a seat. I have PPMS, and my husband knows that even though I can take two steps now, that will not be available for long.

So, in order for me to have 'clean hair,' we are having a "handicapped accessible shower" installed. I'll probable ask them about a "ceiling hoist" also.

I think I might go in for a "butch" haircut, because all this stuff, to enable me to have clean hair, well.

It does amaze me how difficult MS can be.

I am so glad that my mother is no longer alive. Because I know she would still come to wash my hair in the sink. She always did do way too much for me. And I wasn't even sick then. I am glad that she doesn't have to go through this with me.

I am with a group that meets at Church, and even though I never complain about PPMS, when it's my turn to give my testimonial, I think I'll ask for a timer, or else I'll go on and on and on, complaining, complaining, complaining.

I know it's no big deal. And after the shower is complete, I'll go on back to washing my hair every single day, like I did years ago when I was working. Well, not every day now, but how's every other day maybe, or twice a week. Well, I got to go, too tired from typing in bed. I am such a wimp.

Marie

I have had a roll in shower --so I can get my w/c close so I can slide over to the shower chair. and a hand held shower head and I love it. Getting clean does wonders for the soul.

Comment

Thank you Millhouse

Thank you Millhouse. I appreciate your reply. I grew up frugal, and still am frugal. So, even though we live in a nice home, I hate to spend money.

I did have the CCSVI surgery. And I could actually walk for about six months. I have PPMS, and unlike the Mouseketeer, Annette, who had PPMS, and died at age 70, I am now 56, and have to take care of all my own needs.

So the expense of building the show, is questionable for me, because I don't know if I'll be here for very long. Not complaining, but just questioning, because if she had three assistants, and a stay at home husband. Well, being closer to the kitchen, does sound like a good deal.

Anyway, Thank you Millhouse, and I'll let all of you know, how everything turns out.

And if you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know where I am.

Marie12

Comment

Working...
      X