Aubagio & diabetes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubagio & diabetes

I am interested in learning more about this drug (I'd do almost anything to be able to give up shots) so last week I went to a luncheon sponsored by the manufacturer. The medical presenter was my PA so that was a bonus!

I learned that Aubagio can increase the efficacy of diabetes meds so your PCP needs to be kept in the loop with this drug. (I'm not diabetic but found this information interesting.)

She also mentioned that of the many pts she's had on it for 6mos+, only 1 has had slightly increased liver numbers. Just the high side of normal, not high enough to start watching or recommend discontinuing use. That was good news considering some of the concerns I've heard about possible liver damage (although the potential is similar to my interferon & most injectables).

Anybody who is on this drug hear this? Just curious ...
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Hi Toomnyhats

I don't have diabetes, but this is interesting. What does the Aubagio do to insulin?
    Diagnosed 11/2007, Copaxone 8/2008 - 2/2013, Aubagio 3/2013 - 11/2013

Comment

I am diabetic, type I, but I am not on Aubagio . I am curious about the effects on diabetic medications.one never knows what the future holds.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X