Bedwetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedwetting

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but....Last week, I wet the bed. Even worse, I never felt it. I woke up during the night because my 2yo son was crying. I never woke up because I'd urinated, and I didn't even feel the wetness when I first woke. It wasn't until I went to roll over & my hand landed in the wetness that I realized what'd happened. I didn't feel the wetness down my legs, etc. I am still dealing with a lingering flare & had been having severe weakness & numbness from about my arm pits down, but this was a first for me.

I have been having some bladder issues that really don't make much sense to me. They seem to be intermittent and seem to be worse during flares. Most of the time, it seems that I just don't feel the urge to go until it's almost too late. I normally schedule trips to the bathroom to try to avoid this, but if I don't plan bathroom trips, I can easily go an entire work day without urinating.

Not normal, I know.... But then, other times, I have issues with urgency, even when it doesn't seem that I should have to go that badly so soon. It's not that I have to go frequently (that hasn't been an issue so far) but more an occasional strong, sudden urgency when it hasn't been a terribly long time since I went & I haven't consumed much liquid to explain it.

Also, sometimes when the spasticity in my legs is at its worst, I will start to leak without warning. Last week, I did Walk MS & after the walk, my legs were almost completely numb, weak and more spastic then I'd ever experienced (Yep, I paid the price for that walk...) and I started to have an accident before I even knew I had to go.

I know, I probably need to see a urologist. I'm just in a tough spot because I am between neuros right now. I'm scheduled to see a new one in June and I refuse to go back to my old one. My primary is doing what he can, but he doesn't really get it.

The day of the bedwetting incident, I had gone to him because of the weakness in my legs (& other symptoms) and he gave me a Medrol dose pack to "help" with my flare. I started them that day, then wet the bed that night. I knew it wasn't the medication, of course, but took it as a sign that this flare might be getting worse and called him that next morning. All he told me was that he thought the MS caused the bedwetting incident (you don't say?!?!) and that I should hang in there, take the Medrol & let him know if things didn't get better.

I don't think he's as alarmed by this as he should be - but maybe I'm overreacting because who in the world wants to have bladder issues at 32 years old? I don't know....What I do know is that I'm tired & frustrated & have hit a new low with this monster that I didn't want to see, especially so soon. Thanks for listening, friends.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    RRMS 1/16/13
    Ocrevus 2/19/18

yes you should see a urologist but in the meantime you might want to get a UA and check for an infection in your urine.
    best of luck

Comment

I do not have a dx yet. It's been very frustrating. My PCP and Pain Management Doc both believe that is what O'm dealing with. When I have a "spell" they send me back to the neuro who has really said nothing since my MRI was clear. This past spell has been the worse by far. I wet the bed last night for the second time. The problem is I have had my bladder reapired already back in 2009, I don't have urgency issues since then. This spell is different in that, I've had eye twitches and pain in my right eye. The pins and needles feeling is now in my tongue and now I've wet the bed twice. It's been two weeks and I still have the foggy brain thing happening. I was DX with Fibromyalgia a few years ago but the doc daid that would not be causing the eye or tongue symptoms. I didn't even know bladder function was an issue with MS until reading this. I do have an appointment with my neuro on Friday. If nothiing is done, I guess I will have to find a new doctor.

Comment

You may want to see a Urologist as they can do some specialized tests on the bladder.

Good Wishes sent to you in this process on trying to get some answers

Comment

Working...
        X