Moving overseas/Can I take avonex with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving overseas/Can I take avonex with me

My husband is relocating to Shanghai, China for a job/promotion. I have not been able to determine if I can either get avonex there or at least bring it into the country.

Does anyone have information about that? The 800 number avonex woman was unsure. I don't know who to call to check on this. Have been avonex successfully for 10 years and DO NOT want to get that up.

Please help if you can. Thanks.

The formula for Avonex involves CHO, Chinese Hamster Ovary cells, so you'd think no problem, right? Just kidding.

Nova publishers list the [BShanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China[/B] in association with a google search for Avonex. There's a subscription/annual fee to access the site.

I would contact your husband's health insurance plan, assuming there's a history of ex-pat employee's covered under the plan.

The HR department might be a good resource for info.

Best of luck with your meds and what an adventure you have in store!

Comment

I found a study based in China that was funded by Biogen Idec so maybe try contacting them first?

The title of the study, if you'd like to look it up is "Avonex Safety and Tolerability in Chinese Subjects With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis (MS)"
      Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
      UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Normally, I don't think your insurance company will allow it to be shipped overseas. You should have insurance in China and possibly go to an American clinic over there.

I suspect that they use Avonex overseas. Generally, if your husband has an important enough job to be shipped overseas, your insurance needs will be taken care of.

Comment

Working...
        X