Desperately Seeking Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperately Seeking Help

Hello I am not on this Site for myself, but I know someone in St Louis MO that suffers from MS, and is very depressed. Is there anyone who can help me to understand MS or maybe they can talk to her and give her some encouragement.

Thank you!

Welcome MsConcerned1! Just for the fact that you are here shows that you are a good friend! You can gather a lot of good information here on the boards and you are always welcome to ask any questions that you might have.

I am sorry your friend is depressed. Many people with MS suffer from that and many seek help from their doctors for an antidepressant. A good therapist would be a excellent recommendation as well.

The National MS Society is a great source for information. http://www.nationalmssociety.org You can also reach them at 1-800-344-4867. They have peer counselors who can talk to your friend and also have tons of pamphlets to send you or your friend.

You might want to find a local chapter of the MS society in your area. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/fin...ter/index.aspx They can be of great help too and maybe find your friend a local MS support group to attend.

If you feel that your friend is depressed to the point of suicidal tendencies, please call the Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255!!

And of course, we would love to have your friend join MSWorld! There are many compassionate people here who could "talk" with her.

I wish you and your friend well~ You are a good friend!
    I am moving your thread to the General A & Q forum where it is more visible
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Read, Read, Read

Hi! There is so much on the National MS Website that will help you and your friend. Read, Read, Read, but don't over due it. no 2 people have the same symptoms...Will keep you and your friend in my prayers.

Comment

I am also from St. Louis. There are a few things that happen around here. Mostly things sponsored by the NMSS or DMD drug Companies
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
        X