CBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBC

Was anyone told that they needed a CBC done prior to their first dosage of Tecfidera?

I was reading the Biogen site and it stated that a CBC should be done to get a White Blood Count since Tecfidera lowers Lymphocytes.

Is this true or is it just on case by case basis and if only Neuro is requesting?

I start first dosage on Wednesday and just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

6 months

You're supposed to have had a CBC done within the last 6 months before starting Tecfidera so they can monitor your white blood count.

Comment

My neuro had me get one before he wrote the script although I had on in January at me routine visit. Both times they were with in normal limits. I am sure he will continue to do them at keast every 4 to 6 months to play it safe.
      Sunshine
      RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

Doctor ordered CBC test.

Comment

CBC

Yes, I had the blood test done the same day that I had the paper work filled out.

Comment

Seems like your doctors are 'on-the ball'. I would be very angry if I was the person that was informing my doctor about testing anything before I began a course of meds .
            I have already been told by my neurologist that he will not prescribe LDN. I am waiting until my next neuro appt. to hear about BG-12. I wonder if he will advocate this med.
            I can honestly say that my PCP and neurologist have done very little to help me with this disease. To the contrary, my naturopath (MD) has been the most helpful member of my medical team. And, of course, the info I get from this board is a great help.

Comment

Received phone call from neuro and was told I didnt need a CBC because when I had one done 2 yrs ago it was fine, whoever she does want to monitor my liver every 6 months after I begin Tecfidera...

WHAT????? Sometimes I think my neuros med. assistant relays messages incorrectly. This really annoys me.

Comment

Working...
              X