No announcement yet.

Cannabis Education: 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@durgastiger: Thank you for the information!

The interesting thing about the Hemp Plant is, it is reportedly higher in CBD's. How and if, the hemp plant is 'controlled' will be interesting.

It is about time, our state representatives passed a bill to HELP the economy of CA. This bill, will put people to work. I'd rather have hemp made clothing, instead of nylon(as cotton seems to be in the clouds)!!!

What is rather amusing about this is: Hemp is seldom used for medicine, until~CBD's were found to be the most healing and comforting part, of the plant. Once, CBD's and medicinal use were discovered, hemp became very popular.

Last year, when I talked to my Senator about marijuana, I was told, "Well, we have 'test' hemp fields in 5 counties." Guess, the 'test' grows went well.

This passing hasn't even been in the local news, here. The Prez has been in the state a few days, and that was all the coverage! fed up

Comment

@fedup

Your welcome. Anything I can add. You gave me so much useful information.

More good news is that New Jersey is adding a second dispensary this summer.

If you do a search for (Law Enforcement Targets Marijuana Activists In Philadelphia ) you can see what we are doing to get those 2 bills signed collecting dust on Gov. Corbett's desk.

All info from" the weed blog".
      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Been using MMJ since it became legal in Arizona 2 1/2 yrs ago. Prior to having this available, I was prescribed Oxycontin and Morphine for pain and had been taking them for approx 10 yrs. Two months after I started the MMJ, I weaned myself completely off the opiates and haven't looked back.

When I started to have problems with spasticity, my Neuro, prescribed Baclofen. I experimented a little and found that the MMJ took effect almost immediately, and provided relief longer than the Baclofen.

I am up front with all the Drs. I see about the MMJ.None of them object and some of them are actually curious about it and ask questions.

Comment

@Fed Up

Was wondering if you know of any Hemp Oils that are sold and still contain THC?

Is the THC removed from all these Hemp Seed Oils sold on Amazon?

Thanks for all your help.
          I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

bobus; for selecting an organic choice of medication with fewer and at the very least, tolerable side-effects that are not permanent! Keep up the good work educating your MD's!!!

@durgaseiger: Hemp seed does not have THC in it. THC is in the resin on the flowers of the grown plant. The seed itself is harmless and a very good source of Omegas and Protein.

I use organic Hemp seed I buy at Costco and add for protein and some Omega's. I swear when I eat the seeds straight up, they make me feel better. Probably, the protein; regardless, it seems to help.

Cannabis Oil is also known as RSO; Many oils are made and many different methods are used. There is a video made by Rick Simpson (hence; RSO) showing how to make the oil, etc, on the U Tube, the video is called 'Run From The Cure'; try to watch the long version.

However, there are waxes, butters, tinctures, honey oil and different forms. All are names for concentrations of the trichomes extracted from the plant.

I haven't been too successful with some ointments, but many report having much relief. Wait, I have a cream (was gifted from a collective) and I did use it last time my knees were stiff and it only lasted about a week. Perhaps, the cream worked!

Oh; and the strain Girl Scout Cookies work well for stiff muscles and pain; at least, for me! Fed

Sorry, I missed the question and just found this.

Comment

Finally did it!

I finally did it. I've had it sitting in my cupboard for over a month now, and on Friday night I lit up and had a couple puffs! Well, I should have only had one puff but I had to get it lit, so..it was very strong, way more than I had had years and years ago, good old bc bud I guess. However, I had NO PAIN and slept like a baby.

So the next night i tried some with a girlfriend hers was very light, two puffs. Again, slept like a baby.

I ordered my vaporizer today, I just can't smoke this stuff and want to take one single puff before bed. So this will work fine. I ordered the davinci as that is what my girlfriend has so she can teach me.

Thank you for all of your advice in the previous thread, it really helped in my decision. I need to reduce my baclofen and this will definatly do it.

Oh, for those considering it for the first time, have someone you trust with you, and good thing to be home. My legs and back muscles were so relaxed I had troubles standing on the first night (again, that was extraordinary strong bud and I smoked too much, just experiment safely like you would with any new drug the doc gives you.

Comment

Glad U Did It

Thanks to all of you that use medicinal marijuana for sharing how Medical Marijuana has helped you and any strain names, if possible, please?

SW8689..congrats for finding an organic safer way to medicate. May I suggest you make some of your bud into a butter for medibles and eat it for longer lasting relief without so much of the high? Once butter is made, you substitute it in recipes for making medicated 'goodies.' And keep them away from children, please!

If enough people are interested in baking medicated goodies, I can request an real 'baker' drop in and post a few recipes? I can ask, they can refuse; but, it would be nice to have an expert recipe guru to ask direct questions to, as well?

I cannot link a site here on how to make cannabis butter, but google it. The medibles last longer and don't knock you for such a loop. Knowing, you can eat two bites and wait 30 minutes to medicate deeper. This can be done, during the day, when smoking is not as, acceptable; while not at home, etc.

Plus, eating the medible is safer than a vape; Vaping being the safest way to inhale! I use a simple Tower Vape and for daytime use, I buy trim, shake and popcorn buds of Indica--mostly, Skywalker OG...which seems to render more CBD's and body relaxing medication. And I live in a legal Medical Marijuana state.

Still The response I had from Girl Scout Cookies strain was extremely useful for the stiffness in my arms and legs to relax, something the opiates stop short of!!! to get some relief with it.

Anyone hear this??? Illinois is the 21st state to legalize for medicinal use. It is my hope that many are able to substitute this natural herb, in the very least for decreased use of opiates or, avoiding opiates all together!

And medicate safely fed

Comment

Thanks fed, ya I don't really want to get high, just sleep well, pain free. I get high enough from all the other chemicals I have to take to keep this monster under control. I would like to make something to eat before bed.

Recipes would be great, I'm gluten free but know how to substitute very well!

Comment

Strain I found best

Blueberry... A great indica strain which not only help me to sleep but calmed my racing head down. I also used to eat indica edibles. Found they were much better than the pills I was taking for pain and lasted longer. I live in Colorado so it is very accessible.

As for recipes, the one thing to remember it is not soluble in h2o. So using it in oil or butter is best. Also I have had it in honey. Very nice. There are many recipes on line so just google.

As for myself, I currently on probation for a dwai. I was pulled over because someone called me in and blew a .06! So now I am unable to use it. Funny how I asked the po and she told me she rather me use OxyContin and Percocet. WHAT A JOKE. I wish I knew what would have come if I didn't plea. My mind doesn't work as it used too. I thought the stress would be less to getting this over, I was wrong.

Any suggestions?

Anyway good luck. It was a God send now I suffer. Thank you law!
                    Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

@SW8689

You mentioned BC is that the BC roadkill or BC sweet tooth?
                      I'm not sure what state you are in but I'm in Pennsylvania where it isn't legal yet for medicinal purposes.

I found a compassionate caregiver and I have been getting the most amazing strain called northern lights. I would "highly" recommend it if you are in Cali or a state with dispensaries.

I haven't been able to find blueberry but would really like to try lsd or delta 9. It is also nice to see all the documentaries coming out about the facts of marijuana and hopefully our country will go back to hemp production.

I had no idea how much of an advocate Montel Williams is for MMJ.

Not sure if anyone uses leafly but what an amazing website!

Bill Hicks

Comment

@Billy, what rotten luck. Hope the time passes quickly.
                        Blueberry is my #1 med for extreme spasm and pain. I keep it around the house like aspirin and use it sparingly.

@Durgastiger, Northern Lights is a combination of Blueberry and something else. I've used it for sleep in the past and general calming of the muscles. I haven't heard of Delta 9 or lsd, but I'll look for it. Recently tried some Humboldt Haze...the absolute best tasting strain I've tried. No need to try anything else for taste..and a good medicine, as well. Northern Lights and Skywalker are very similar to me.

@SW8689; Google BadKittySmiles and look around a bit. That would be the best cannacook on the internet, I've found. She gives recipes and all kinds of 'baking' information.

Tried something new. I have severe fatigue and stiffness. Read I could put my bud in a brew and enjoy the medicine. I put a ground up 1/4 teaspoon of a sativa strain called Pot 'O' Gold in a Mr. Coffee Expresso/cappu machine with my usual French Roast.

There was no taste of bud in the coffee and yet it was rather pleasing and controlled my pain and actually gave me a boost of energy for several hours! I'll try it in decaf, next time! fed

Comment

All this information is so great!
                          Durgastiger, I'm in Canada, so that was BC as in Beautiful British Columbia.. The famous BC bud..

I w
                          Think I need a prescription to buy indica at a compassion society store, otherwise one can buy MJ just about anywhere here. But I want a specific strain as all of you are recommending. I don't want to get hi, or too hi..and boy I really did..so much that I'm reluctant to try again until my vap comes so I can really control the amount I inhale. It was rather funny, I wasn't frightened, but just really like my own mind, it trips enough on its own ..

Comment

@sw8689; jealous here! Since, I lost my balance I've felt high event without any medications for so long, it would be nice to do that naturally!

Sounds like your meds had too much thc for ya! If you can try cannatonic, harlequin, omritrx (there are others) or even a low thc blueberry, you may not have such an extreme high.

There is a race on to breed cannabis seeds yielding lower thc for less euphoric highs. fed

Comment

Well my natural path doctor turned me down today when asked if she would fill out the form for the dispensary/compassion club! Apparently her association has recommended that they don't prescribe cannibis..sounds hypocritical to me. They inject vitamins but won't prescribe a medication used for centuries we can grow organically in our backyard?

I'm going to call our ms society to see if the have someone who can help. I would like to go to these stores s it gives somewhere to go to fo advise and learning, rather than just buying it from anyone. But I will continue to do just that in the meantime. I see my Neuro in the fall and will check it out with her then.

Comment

Is there another club that only requires a diagnosis and not an endorsement?

Comment

Working...
                                X