No announcement yet.

Cannabis Education: 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure, I couldn't find one. But the compassion society contacted me and directed me to a clinic that would review my paperwork and write the endorsement/prescription. But you must have very good paperwork. Which I have, because my nuerologist hast submit a report annually to my insurer.

So I'm going to try to go next week.

I became very week today. May smoke tonight, does it cause anyone here fatigue the next day?

Comment

That is too bad. The clubs here only require a diagnosis for category 1 which MS falls under (totally separate from the Health Canada thing) and not an endorsement.

Good luck with the clinic and your paperwork!

Comment

Thanks misslux, I thought that's what their regulations read too, but she was very firm with me so I will just have to do it. I'm going to keep trying for other clubs just to save the time and energy, which is so low right now..

Comment

Good News for treating symptoms of Fatigue with marijuana. I have severe fatigue and balance issues. I FINALLY found a strain that renders me ENERGY and helps me focus and improves my balance issues!

Pot 'O' Gold is the strain. I know little else about it. I put 1/4tsp in a Mr. Coffee expresso/cappo machine--with caffiene or not, depending on what time of day. I had endless energy yesterday and cleaned my own kitchen floor for the first time, vacuumed and did my dishes!

My balance was fine---I use mmj cautiously due to the balance issues (I'll never get use to walking like a drunk); this method of use and not smoking or inhaling, gives a different effect for me; very positive effects. It makes me focused (no or little cog fog), very little pain and ENERGY.
          Now, for what to do today!
          Very excited to find a strain that combats the symptoms with no side effects of feeling high or anything else! Just love it!

In most states that have legal medicinal marijuana laws, there are medicinal marijuana M.D.'s.

There are organizations that can help you with finding a dr. just to give you a "rec'omendation for medicinal marijuana.

Google: "finding a marijuana doctor" in whatever your state is. There are sites that specialize in giving that information.
          And check out CL for discounts, etc. Just search marijuana on CL

M.S. is on ALL the legal states list as marijuana being beneficial for.

Do not forget to ask for discounts when you go to purchase. The docs generally have a set fee, some will negotiate. Don't pay more than you need to.

Also, if you perceive you may need more medicine (mmj) than your states legal limits on possession for medicinal use..ask the prescribing M.D. for a rec allowing you more plants or herb (if you grow or buy in bulk (bulk buy the ounce is generally much cheaper).

Most M.D.'s in practice are working in one way or another for an insurance company, not all. It seems to be a problem having a 'prescription' as insurance will not cover marijuana. It became illegal as a medication in 1937, prior to that, the drug companies distributed and treated people with it. And even more interesting, our Gov't has the patent's on its healing abilities. I'll try to find it and post at a later time. I have tons to do today, while I know I can!

hope this is helpful? fed

Comment

It's a little different here in Canada. MMJ is legal but the federal program that grants licenses is a bit of a joke (to say the least) so most people don't bother and just go straight to compassion clubs which are a bit of a legal grey area.

The clubs do keep very good records and have strict membership policies. Usually for "Category 1" (MS, cancer, HIV, etc.) you only need a doctor to verify your diagnosis and they don't have to prescribe or give their endorsement. Even the federal paperwork doesn't require an endorsement for Category 1.

Thanks for the info about that strain. I am going to look it up to see what it is made of (if it's a combo of strains, etc.) because additional fatigue and weakness is why I pretty much stopped MMJ.

Comment

Oh oh, misslux, it gave you fatigue? That is what I'm worried about. But baclofen and other pain killers and zoplicone make me a zombie so I don't know what would be worse.

If I vape just before sleeping just a little will I be fatigued in the morning?

I would imagine it would give me fatigue during the day because it makes me high..

I hope I can find that Pot of Gold..

Comment

Oh fatigue is only temporary when I use MMJ. Wears off when the high does so you should be fine.

Totally understand about baclofen and gabapentin. I was on it for three years and didn't realize how awful it made me feel until I took myself off of it!

Comment

No fatigue the next day, no unwanted symptoms.

If you use a vape, you should 'grind' your bud. If it is the type with a 'whip.' Grinding the bud allows for the vape to utilize the medicine better and not waste it.

Grinders, are herbal grinders sort of like a short little pepper grinder with screens and compartments for the ground up bud.

Grinders can be purchased at a 'smoke shop' for cigs or on line.

Remember, don't use very much and wait to see how it affects you. Usually, it doesn't take very much at all, for sleep.

And if you use a glass pipe, ask for a glass screen, so the bud stays in the bowl.

Happy Medicating Organically and natural. Knowing you cannot overdose on this medication and get so much relief, it makes me happy to read this. fed

Comment

Good Night Tea

From your garden

Lavender
                    Mint
                    MJ bud

From your health food store
                    Valerian extract ( liquid drops)

1 teas lavender flower
                    1.5 teas mint leaves
                    Piece of mj bud

Wrap in a coffee filter or place in a tea all and steep at least 5 minutes in a teacup of boiling water.. Remove the goodies and add 3-10 drops of valerian extract. Honey if so inclined.

I have given this brew to cancer patients; it is wonderfully soothing and you will sleep ! The aroma alone is worth the brewing.

J
                    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

oohhh; gonna have an herb garden next year!
                      Thank you jacgrl;

Sounds like what I need right now. fed

Comment

Does anyone know the difference between going through a compassion club (in Canada) verse going through the governement for medicinal marijuana? Does anyone know anything about C.A.L.M.? My doctor filled out a form for C.A.L.M. (a compassion club) but I'm a bit skeptical and worried that I'm going to get in trouble somehow if I go through a compassion club instead of through the government.

Comment

Compassion clubs are a grey area. When you submit your application to CALM and go for orientation, they will most likely explain the differences.

In short, the Health Canada application is a pain to get but you will be legal to possess. Lots of license holders get their MMJ from compassion clubs since there are a variety of strains and quality is better.

I suggest you go ahead submit your application to CALM and go for orientation so they can explain the ins and outs.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to go both routes, as I understand our laws are changing in October and by April compassion clubs will be phased out or shut down and we will have to purchase from licensed producers only, on a special list.
                            It is such a hassle for us, all the paperwork and seeing doctors who I don't even know, it's exhausting.

On another note, I used my new vaporizer the other night, it was exactly what I needed, got rid of pain and put me to sleep. I woke up feeling refreshed. So I will get all the paperwork done..

Comment

Originally posted by sw8689 View Post
                              Thanks for the advice, I'm going to go both routes, as I understand our laws are changing in October and by April compassion clubs will be phased out or shut down and we will have to purchase from licensed producers only, on a special list.
                              It is such a hassle for us, all the paperwork and seeing doctors who I don't even know, it's exhausting.

On another note, I used my new vaporizer the other night, it was exactly what I needed, got rid of pain and put me to sleep. I woke up feeling refreshed. So I will get all the paperwork done..
                              Congrats sw8689: I think the kind of relief we need, especially at night is in a lower heated medication. Temperature selection is pretty important, if it is too high, you might get too high.

I think that is why my Morning coffee with 'pot O gold' works so well on my issues. I don't think it heats the THC up high enough to mess with my balance issues.

Idk what it really does, but the lower heat brings out more CBD's and the good things we need, without the unwanted side-effects. imho...I can't stand being high all the time from M.S., getting relief is unexplainable.

I bought some Indica called Suicide OG, I slept very well last night.

It is my understanding that Canada is also going to stop people from growing their own medication, many will have to go without, unless the Gov't steps up the program there. fed

Comment

The laws, under Harris, are just going so backwards. It's ridiculous! I can get Rx narcotics NO QUESTIONS ASKED, but to obtain MMJ legally I have to jump through hoops. So archaic.

Comment

Working...
                                X