So anxious to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So anxious to know

Of all the posts under Tecfidera heading, I am so curios to know if anyone you has received their supply has any feedback for those of us waiting to receive our supply.

I would like to know if side effects are as stated or not as bad or worse.

Originally posted by LilStep View Post
    I would like to know if side effects are as stated or not as bad or worse.
    Remember that not everybody gets side effects and not everybody gets the same side effects. So for people who don't get side effects they'll say that the side effects are not as stated and for people who do they'll say that they are. Who are you going to believe?

Comment

Took my first pill last night, felt a little queasy but nothing else. Took my second pill about a half hour ago and feeling no side effects. Good luck!

Comment

First day on Tecfidera

I started tecfidera this morning, after a pretty fast insurance approval and shipping process, much quicker than I expected. So far...nothing!

I'm pretty good at creating some serious anxiety so I was very nervous, but I have had no flushing or stomach issues after taking the first pill about 4 hours ago. The starter pack I received starts with 120mg dose for the first week and then switches to the regular dose. I did not take any aspirin as my neuro suggested if I do have flushing issues.

I am praying that side effects are minimal and this drug is effective.

Comment

dcancellarich & VTH0kie09 - Thank you both for letting us know how you are doing. I hope you both do well.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

No thanks needed. In the days before it arrived I was searching all over the web like crazy trying to find someone that started to see how they were making out. So it's nice to know that I can help others know.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know how you all are doing.

I hope everything continues to go well for everyone.

Comment

Promised I would keep everyone updated on how it is going. Been taking it since Tuesday and still haven't had any of ther serious side effects, very thankful about that, but have noticed that I have been getting dry mouth even more than before.
                Drinking a lot of water and sucking on a lot of candy to help it. I also talked to my dentist about it yesterday and he prescribed me a tooth paste especially for dry mouth. He told me to use that exclusively and when I am finished brushing put a little on my finger and rub it on my teeth for it to act as a daily flouride treatment.

Comment

I called my neuro about wanting to switch to Tecfidera from Copaxone. I had to leave a message with his nurse. she called me back and said he wanted to wait 3 to 6 months to see how people are doing. I said I am tire of injections. But she said he wont consider it for 3 to 6 months. I was very mad, I didnt take my copaxone that day. but did start back up. I mean its my body and if I am willing to take the chance, I should be able to! it should be my choice!

Comment

Your choice.

We can be the change we want to see. I left Copaxone for Rebif once I heard TEVA maker of Copaxone was blocking Tecfidera from coming out.

The funny thing is your neurologist will charge you for that next appointment when you go in.

Tell him/her you want the form filled out and sent in or you will find a new neurologist who will work with you.

If it wasn't for me needing a neurologist to write prescriptions I would most definitely be managing this disease by myself.
                    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Working...
                    X