Tecfidera Pricing Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera Pricing Information

I have UnitedHealth Care Insurance. BG-12 is on their aproved list of medications, but a 3 month supply of the 240mg capsules is $12, 807.56!! OMG!! Although, that is "only" $51, 232/year; think Rebif isn't a whole lot less that that!

I'm not sure if there is a special process to receive approval from UHC for this medication, but I will be asking my neuro next month if he would be in favor of me switching from Rebif now, or if he would suggest I wait 6 months before switching.

Can't believe the price!!

I know how you feel Canary.

I'm still in limbo waiting for my claim to go through from the 25th. Been almost 2 weeks and mt insurance has not given approval yet. Probably because I went from Copaxone to Rebif in a matter of a couple months.

Yes I pay about that much fr 3 month supply of Rebif so I'm sure I and a lot of others will be riding the same boat with you.

Keep us updated!
    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Co-Pay

Did they tell you the copay? Tysabri cost about the same for me $5200 month. After deductible and financial help its nothing. The price seems ridiculous for a pill, the drug comp. has us between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

My update

Almost 4 weeks in the making. Got off the phone with my pharmacy and I qualify for the $10.00 a month. It is on its way and is scheduled to arrive by Friday.
        I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Four weeks now. Maybe more. Prescription is approved at the specialty pharmacy, but my Medicare drug plan says I will pay over $2900 for the starter pack. What a joke. I spoke to Biogen about some sort of assistance over three weeks ago. No response since then. Medicare recipients don't qualify for $10 co-pay. Are there any others on Medicare who are currently taking this drug, or are we all in limbo?

Comment

Congrats Bill! I am still waiting. I have BCBS too. I have gotten 2 calls from CVS Caremark stating that they have the prescription but no preautherization. I called BCBS who put me trough tto Medco who said that Accredo is my "speciality pharmacy ( which is where I got my Copaxson). They said they had no information about it and said to call my doctor which I have twice with no respose. And now in light of the article posted from the New England Journal of med. About PML cases (see other thread) I am scared my doc may tell me to rethink my med choice. I was on Tysabri for 60 infusion and an JC +. He STRONG LY encouaged me to stop Ty and go on Copaxson because of the safety issues...Sorry to rattle on but I need to vent!
            Sunshine
            RRMS 3/05 - Rebif 4/05 - Tysabri 10/07 - Copaxson 6/12 - Tecfidera 5/13

Comment

Working...
            X