No announcement yet.

Her is hope... Its real and its close... Science moves at the speed of light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her is hope... Its real and its close... Science moves at the speed of light

Stay positive guys... 1-2 more years there will b a cure..

This is a breaking story from sciencedaily... this website is your best friend for state of mind, once a week there is a story moving closer to a cure. (None usually this BIG)

**The big problem with regenerative medicine was the inability to make enough brain cells, to create an effect...
    Today this amazing group of scientists have found a way to make billions... When you are down, or depressed just think of this. 5 months ago they said this would take years... Where will they be in another 5 months?

**Moderator's Note - while we do not allow cutting and pasting articles here, I have posted the direct link to this article because of the important nature of this research information http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0414193143.htm **

Hope springs eternal

Hope
    From your lips to God's ears. I would be able to wait for twice that if I knew I was going to get my life back. Oh what I would give to have my self-reliance back. I am hoping and praying for relief from the MonSter.
    Are you really named Hope, or is that name just for us MSers (psychological effect) ? While I agree with trying to boost everyone's confidence, I don't agree with promoting a sense of 'false' confidence. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Hope1234567 View Post
      Stay positive guys... 1-2 more years there will b a cure.
      Actually there's a cure for MS right now. It just hasn't been discovered yet!

This IS big news! But curb your enthusiasm. It isn't that close yet. NOTHING goes from mouse cells in a petri dish to approved human therapy in only 2 years. Many very promising "advancements" never get out of the laboratory.

Human cells haven't even been used in the laboratory yet. This is a brand new discovery and it will take years to get through human testing, if it makes it that far. And by years I mean more than 1 or 2. Remyelination itself isn't a cure for MS. There are some other things that also have to happen for it to be a cure so I think its too soon to call this part of it a cure.

The potential of this discovery is huge but I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Having worked in Research at a LARGE (top-10 in the country) hospital, I can say this= it does NOT work that fast. Years are needed to run the Phase I (even), Phase II and Phase III clinical trials. Beware of "snake oil", all my MS buddies! If it sounds too good to be true.....it typically is
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
        X