A sure path to a big smile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sure path to a big smile!

Yup, it's true. I have found a guaranteed way to make you smile even when feeling the urge to jump off a very tall building....drug free too!

Just make funny mimic the faces, head tips, and noises that your labrador dog makes. Must have dog watching you - strong emphasis on the dog being a labrador retriever, (they have remarkable control control of their ear and eyebrow muscles) - then sit back and watch dog being even goofier than normal as she imitates you mimicing her!

If you know anything about labs, you know what I mean about how funny that would look. . If you don't, then picture Disney's dog Goofy and then multiply the silliness a hundred fold!

Our almost 12 year old black lab, Keiko, never actually obtained a grown-up dog face and her body proportions are just a bit off despite being a purebred. Though she has a grey muzzle we still get frequently asked how old our "puppy" is. Might not just be her face though as she still walks and runs in that awkward - don't quite know what to do with my legs - puppy way. And her idea of sitting is more a matter of plopping her rump down with a dramatic sigh, then slumping it off to the side while the front end somehow manages to be pointed in the opposite direction.

Unless you bring out any kind of camera, then she will immediate sit up straight and pose...mastering the "grown-up" look instantly! As soon as you put camera away it's back to perma puppy mode. We have managed to catch a few pics when she's doing something really silly, but you have sneak them in. How the same dog that gets lost in her own house knows when we pull out any kind of camera, even phone cameras, is beyond me. But she does and always wants to pose as though it's "Canada's Top [dog] Model" time!

Okay, enough gushing about my dog. I could spend all night boring you with furry kid stories.

Not sure why, but I just felt a need to share this.

Mods, I was sure where to put this so my apologies if I shouldn't have put on this board.

Wordsgood,

I also have a purebred black lab. He's called hummer and wears his name well. He weighs about 140lbs and is now away at boot camp to lose weight.

When you speak of your dog, I swear I could see the faces she was making.

Made me smile!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Oh my, 140 lbs! No wonder he's off to fat camp. . More proof that labs are walking hoovers!

He he, I knew anyone with a lab would get what I meant. Yup, Hummer is a great name for a lab. They are always humming with energy. Doesn 't seem to matter how old, or fat, or decrepit they might be, all labs are perma puppies!

Hugs to a fellow lab lover!

Comment

Labs are great for laughter!

My parents have a lab, and when I visit he makes me laugh a lot. He has developed a habit of trying to get us to leave the kitchen after a meal, by walking to the living room and back while staring at us and whining. He is basically herding us out so he can get up on the table/counters for leftovers. We've seen it in action. That has nothing to do with MS, but I do have it, and I find anything that makes me laugh helps.

Comment

labs are beautiful but they definately inhale thier food rather than eat it! my aunt had one that was quite overweight, a beautiful black lab, my aunt used to joke that she also acted as a coffee table- her back was flat and wide but the alteria motive eas that she intended to inhale any snacks she could from the guests!

Corgis are very muc the same when it comes to food, I had one many yrs ago and he would eat anything!! i used to joke that he would only go off his food if he was really sick and one day he was a bit off his food , i debated wether to take hime to the vet or not because he seemed ok otherwise, they did blood tests and found he was really sick, he had liver failure- i got him as a rescue dog and they thought he had possibly had canine hepatitis when yonger and it had slowly killed his liver- he passe away quietly the next day. i had another corgi after that andhe had the same huge appetite- thankfully he lived a long life but unattended food was always at risk with taffy around.

i have a gorgeous cavalier these days, she is 12 yrs old, she loves her food but not in the same way as the corgis or labs but she will do anything for a little food bribe, makes training her quite simple anyway!

what would we do without them, penny, my cav, senses if i am down and then as soon as she has the chance she willbe up on my lap and she just about hugs me- but all the time there is this constant eye contact - like she is telling me everything is ok - if she is typical of cavaliers it seems they have a strong need to please, another thing that nakes traing simple. i do not know what i would do without my gorgeous penny!

Comment

Kesba, sorry for not replying sooner. I forgot about this thread. I'm forgetting a lot of stuff these days!

I looked up your dog's breed as I didn't recognize it by that name and now realize it's a spaniel. Spaniels are sssoooo cute! I've heard from other how cuddly and loving spaniels of all sizes are, but not that they are little walking hoovers. Though truth be told I think all dogs are at least a bit part hoover!

I'm sorry about your corgi you lost all those years ago, but at least you know you gave him a good life by rescuing the little fella. Glad your other one had a long life.

And no, I don't know what we'd do without our furry companions.

Comment

Working...
            X