These IBS symptoms have to be the worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These IBS symptoms have to be the worst

I don't dare eat on days when I have to go anywhere, store, doc library etc, I am so mortified when I have bowel incontinence andI'm not at home or even when I am here and PT or OT are here. We know any walking/exercise should get it moving but never when your planning on it. If constipated and take miralax, you still leak as was mentioned in earlier thread. I try so hard to find the right amount of fiber to eat in a day..too much or too little causes this stuff too. I could so easily become a recluse. I'm just hoping against all hope this is one of the transient symptoms that come and go so maybe it'll go away for a while. Oh well I guess it's just one more thing we have to deal with. This is the only horrific and mortifying thing for me. I can laugh off the other stuff.

Cindy,

Yes, bowel problems are no fun at all. I've been on both sides of the coin, but never both at once like was mentioned in your other thread.Yikes.

I hope this gets better for you.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I am right there with you girls. Chronic constipation since I was a little girl. I have has several "accidents" in the past year and of course in the most embarrassing of situations (movie theater, grocery store...). I too am scared about what and when I eat and this issue has kept me from enjoying lots of activities and going out in public.

One minute I am fine, the next not so fine. I have noticed it seems to cycle around my period? In fact, it seems like my MS symptoms are worse in general about once a month. Maybe my imagination. So much of this I am still trying to figure out.

Today I have to take my kids to a birthday party. Of course, I spend the morning worrying about the "what ifs" So frustrating!

Comment

My wife suffers with this one. We have put up a bedside potty to work on days when she can't make it to h bathroom or get up off the toilet when I am not at home.

It does last a bit, then goes away. Use depends an keep on keeping on. We try to enjoy life. Who knows how long we have to enjoy it. I know it is an embarrassing thing. But what can you do?

Nobody auditioned to get MS. I tell my wife that often. It is of easy to have, it is not easy to watch.

We pray a lot.

Keep your head up and dignity intact. MS is something bad that happened to a good person.

Comment

OMG ME TOO! *blush*

I have had a few accidents (no.2) and luckily I have been alone and at home, 'cept once in the car they are embarrassing. I take loperemide (Immodium) and don't eat when I have to go somewhere. I don't go for like 5 days then I go 1st time normal but messy each time after. I sit there because I know I'll have to go more, but I don't so I get up, pull up jeans, and 5 minutes I am back and the last time I don't usually make it. It's humiliating. I am glad to know there are others out there. I know the loperamide isn't prolly good, but it slows it down. I dunno, anyway just giving my 2cents and thanks for not making me feel alone.
          RIP Jenna's Beloved Momma
          Best MS Support System Ever
          7/42 - 12/12

Comment

Working...
          X