Best cooling device??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cooling device??

So, the high temps are already kicking my butt! What is the best cooling vest out there? I have the free one from MSAA (belt, neck, ankles and wrists) and while it works, it's not great, and doesn't have the long term cooling I would ideally like.

While money is an object, I am willing to spend up to about $300 for a good cooling vest. What do you guys recommend, and why?

trying to stay active

I'm in the same boat. The first heat wave has kicked in, and it's ... unpleasant. I'd like to continue with the beginning tennis class I started, but even at 9 a.m. it is so hot that I don't last the full hour. I'm tripping over my own feet and my depth perception is so bad that I can't tell where the ball is.

Any suggestions on a cooling vest that I can wear while trying to be active?

Comment

Hello. I thought I would bump this up since the weather's getting warmer, at least in my part of the world.

I've looked at vests online and there's so many variations and prices.

Does anyone have experiences with these vests and could make any comments or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

You play tennis with MS? Wow...I used to be a fairly good player since I started playing at age 8. But I can't even imagine playing tennis.

The required dexterity, coordiantion, stamina...wow!

Good for you, keep on doing it.

Comment

search for what the pro motocross riders wear they race two motos in one event each moto is 30 mins. plus two laps they will be heading back to the west cost in a couple more races ,
          I have one that you dip in water and it stays cool for awhile also frog togs makes a cloth called
          chilly pad

they are good to have to lay on your neck one of the 250 class riders had problems with the heat his rookie year in texas
          His Name is ELI Tomac , some brands are alpine star , and others just search on google for motocross cooling vest .

i have one but i dont remember the brand
          it works good I live in Alabama so it is humid here!

i wear it under one of those shirts like you get for working out real thin i just buy them to fit loose

I hope this will help

Dave

( DX 07/2010 REBIF 11/2010 - 07/2016)
          (Copaxone 01/2017 to 03/2018)
          (Tecfidera 03/2018 to present )

Comment

You might want to take a look at ActiveMSers.org. I read a buying guide and review of cooling vests on that site, and bought a vest made Arctic Heat USA.

Comment

cooling vest

health and body store sell cooling vest and hats at a good price.

Comment

Working...
              X