Dating sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STILL AFTER 10 MONTHS--NO ONE WANTS 2 COMMUNICATE

YES...IN ORDER TO GET A SO-CALLED DATE....
    TWO PEOPLE NEED TO COMMUNICATE...

ITS SAD TO REPORT THIS
    BUT WHO ELSE ON HERE CAN RELATE?
    HAVE YOU HAD A MEET & GREET OR A DATE?

SINCE NO ONE IS INTERESTED IN COMMUNICATING
    ON MY YAHOO OR SKYPE...
    I JUST CAN SIT HERE BY MYSELF AND TYPE
    MS'ers may not all walk-- but, we can still roll along-so lets rock-n-roll as a power mobility group I do have an extra scooter & Powerchair The cat or my caregiver won't ride with me so maybe you could?

Comment

Just for reference women can be just as big a "slimeballs" as men and sometimes more so, including hanging up in the middle of a conversation, not calling back etc etc.

I have in my profile that I am disabled, I tell them about the MS during our first telephone conversation, at my age of 58 it is few and far between that you will find people in our age group that doesn't have some form of medical problems. So all know when we first meet about it. After I told one lady she admitted that her hair color wasn't really blonde lol

I have done a fair amount of dating in the last 18 months, some they disappear, some I say it's not meant to be, some have just become friends. Just haven't found the one that clicks yet, though there have been a few that came close I must admit, so the hunt is still on.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I was that jerk

When I pick out donors from the cryobank, I pick from guys who are like what I want to have a baby with. Blue eyes, PhD biochemistry, athletic, chess, atheist just like me.

About ten years ago in Princeton, I thought the dream guy had fallen from the sky. A couple amazing dates, and I was picking out our retirement home and naming our kids in my head. Then, the conversation. I have NF. I knew what that was. I knew it was incurable, disfiguring, and genetic. I imagined being in the neonatal ward, and being handed a baby with atypical birthmarks. I did that. A life sentence, and I knew the risks.

I couldn't bring myself to say, I'd marry you, but I'd never have children with you. I couldn't bring myself to say, I'm not calling again, because of the disease. I thought it would be rubbing salt in the wound. He never called me either.

I'd never begrudge anyone walking away because I have MS. My ex came back into my life to help with food prep and dr. appointments. Someone I've been talking to for a long time in Seattle proposed. He said he'd modify his home. My ex tentatively said he'd pay for stem cell transplant if my neuro thought it was a good idea. Other people are of higher moral fiber than myself, obviously. That's an understatement.

Don't take it personally. They thought you were attractive, bright, funny, etc. They just hated your MS. I hate your MS. I hate my MS. I hate MS period. And I'm sorry amazing guy with NF, which I also hate. I hope you met someone far better than myself (and hey, maybe they don't have MS).

Comment

Originally posted by dyin_myelin View Post
          When I pick out donors from the cryobank, I pick from guys who are like what I want to have a baby with. Blue eyes, PhD biochemistry, athletic, chess, atheist just like me.

About ten years ago in Princeton, I thought the dream guy had fallen from the sky. A couple amazing dates, and I was picking out our retirement home and naming our kids in my head. Then, the conversation. I have NF. I knew what that was. I knew it was incurable, disfiguring, and genetic. I imagined being in the neonatal ward, and being handed a baby with atypical birthmarks. I did that. A life sentence, and I knew the risks.

I couldn't bring myself to say, I'd marry you, but I'd never have children with you. I couldn't bring myself to say, I'm not calling again, because of the disease. I thought it would be rubbing salt in the wound. He never called me either.

I'd never begrudge anyone walking away because I have MS. My ex came back into my life to help with food prep and dr. appointments. Someone I've been talking to for a long time in Seattle proposed. He said he'd modify his home. My ex tentatively said he'd pay for stem cell transplant if my neuro thought it was a good idea. Other people are of higher moral fiber than myself, obviously. That's an understatement.

Don't take it personally. They thought you were attractive, bright, funny, etc. They just hated your MS. I hate your MS. I hate my MS. I hate MS period. And I'm sorry amazing guy with NF, which I also hate. I hope you met someone far better than myself (and hey, maybe they don't have MS).
          You are not a jerk. Just honest. And the best thing you could have done is not marry him and let him move on with some who will love him.

Dated a man in my 20s...he proposed. I turned him down because I simply did not love him. And soon after we both found that special person, and we both divorced years later.

If you really want some one to share you life with, you will find them, warts and all and at any age.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X