BG12 and LDN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG12 and LDN

I've got a neuro appointment this afternoon and I'll ask there but the only "MS drug" I take is LDN. I've previously been on Avonex (made me depressed) and Copaxone (painful shot reaction). I've taken LDN for over five years now but I really like the research I've read about BG12. My most recent MRI does show progression of MS so I would really like to include BG12. Does anyone know if these two are compatible?

HI noemkat

I wonder if LDN can be used with Tecfidera. I'll ask my neurologist tomorrow. Might be a nice 1,2 punch for M.S. Never thought of this.
    I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Neuro says yes to LDN & Tecfidera

Had an appt this week. Wants me to switch even though I've only been on copaxone for a month. Said LDN was fine with tecfidera but...DISCLAIMER: he doesn't know that much about LDN so I'll be checking into that...

I want to hear about some real world experience before I switch.

Comment

Hey October

I met with my neurologist today and she said they don't prescribe LDN because they don't recognize it s a treatment for M.S. Can my general physician prescribe it also along with maybe a Testosterone enhancement?

Did your neuro. prescribe LDN? and if so how many times a day and what dosage?

Thanks
        I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

ldn

My neuro prescribed it but had to look it up and get some info from what I had read.

You're supposed to start with a 1.5 dose and ramp up to the 3 or 4.5 depending. Make sure it's written as IMMEDIATE RELEASE and NOT suspended release. You take it at night between 9pm and Midnight.

There's tons of info online about it. Actually, the links from this site are great.

I'm on the 1.5 and I've only been taking it for about 1 1/2 weeks. I had started the copax and was slammed with fatigue out of nowhere. The ldn helped with that by the 2nd dose. I also sleep sooooooo much better. The feeling came back to my right hand (which I had thought would never happen) but I don't know if I can attribute that to the ldn because of too many variables at once.

Just my limited experience...

Comment

Thanks October

Please keep us posted. So happy to hear you have feeling back in your hand. I see my neuro on the 17th and I should have the tecfidera by then so I am going to ask him to prescribe me LDN along with maybe a testosterone bumper.

I also got some blood work done to test my thyroid which hasn't come back yet but I'm ready to go. I have read a lot of good things about LDN.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Working...
            X