First Dose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msesq View Post
    My neuro didn't suggest coming off Ty, she demanded it!! LOL!! She wanted to make sure, among other things, that I had the chance to adjust to a new med before what is typically the hardest time of year (Summer) for me with my MS. SHe did say that in the worse case scenario, if BG12 was not approved that I could stay on it until the Fall, but at the end of the Summer if there was still no approval then we would have to look at another drug (she did not want me to go past 12 infusions under any circumstances. August would have made 12).

I got my JCV results in September or October. She told me to stay on it until BG12 got approval in the Spring. I had my semi-annual check up with her in March, and she told me that she would approve me for one more infusion.

4 days later Tecfidera was approved. The crazy thing about the insurance issue is that Tysabri is covered 100%, but from what I am hearing my insurance is not going to cover Tecfidera. Go figure.
    Your Neuro demanded you come off Ty after only 12 infusios?I've done about 60.That's why I'm very interested in Tecfidra.My Ty is also Fully covered minus a $40 co-pay.I'm finding out about their coverage of Tecifidera.My health coverage is Black and Blue Cross as I lovingly refer to them.

It's somewhat confusing that your health coverage covers Ty but not Tec.
    Without hope there's nothing.

Comment

Working...
    X